Our family doesn't like the boy's name we've picked

lovetosing22

Reaction score
We chose our baby names bout 4 yrs ago and we dont want to change them. Everyone loves the girls name which is Eva Mae but no one likes the boys name which is Rydan Ben :(

everyone's going to have opinions about something. Honestly do what you want, if they want to name a baby how they want to, tell em make their own.

I agree with the other girls. Do what you want, it's your child. Our family doesn't like half our our childs middle name but my husband and i like it. It even took awhile for everyone to like our first name too...

Austin Dom-Wallace

My family turned there noses up at Noah when we told them. I told them they could turn their noses up all they wanted, me and OH had decided. A year later they all love his name! Stick with it :flower:

ETA: It's a nice name, don't hear it often :D

This is why we didn't tell anyone about the names we've picked. This is your child; if you like the name, then go for it:winkwink:

and it's just my opinion, but I like the name Ryden! I've never heard it before, but it definitely has a little something unique:thumbup:

never heard that name before but have heard similar like Rhydian

its up to you what you call you child so just ignore them

Stick with what you love! We had most people HATE the name we picked out for our son, Solomon Garn, and we stuck to it. Now that he's here, they all love it (he is Sol for short) and we couldn't imagine any other name fitting him! :)

I've got twin girls (Violet & Lilly), my mother in law didnt like the name Violet and desperately championed the name Olivia instead. After their birth her dad visited us with a card addressed to Olivia & Lilly, I wonder where he got that from as Olivia had never even been on our list lol!?

A few months on and I couldnt imagine Violet being called anything else :)

You'll never please everyone! If it really bugs you though, could you switch the names around, so it's Ben/Benjamin Rydan? Ben is very classic and will likely be met with more approval and will age well.

I've got twin girls (Violet & Lilly), my mother in law didnt like the name Violet and desperately championed the name Olivia instead. After their birth her dad visited us with a card addressed to Olivia & Lilly, I wonder where he got that from as Olivia had never even been on our list lol!?

A few months on and I couldnt imagine Violet being called anything else :)

Violet is miles better than Olivia and goes really well with Lilly, your MIL doesn't know what she's talking about :haha:

I think Rydan is an adorable name!! My mother hates the girl name thats top on my list, Olive. Shes been telling me how ugly it is and how picked on my kid will be for 2 months now. Its not set in stone that this is the name i want but shes not deciding for me. No one liked my DDs name either, Jordyn. They all said it was an ugly boys name but now they say they love it and couldnt imagine her being named anything else....

I think Rydan is an adorable name!! My mother hates the girl name thats top on my list, Olive. Shes been telling me how ugly it is and how picked on my kid will be for 2 months now. Its not set in stone that this is the name i want but shes not deciding for me. No one liked my DDs name either, Jordyn. They all said it was an ugly boys name but now they say they love it and couldnt imagine her being named anything else....

i think olive can make some people think of things like popeye, especially the older you are but as a nickname there is always Liv (a cute name and makes me think of Liv Tyler) im sure your mam will get used too it

They will get used to it! My mother HATED my daughters name when I told her I wanted to name her Avalon, I mean HATED, she wanted me to name her Lilly, but I was in love with the name. Now they love her name! Just remember that they had their chance to name their children, now it's your turn!

I'm not a fan of Ryden either, but it doesn't matter.
It's your baby's name! Name him what YOU like!

Not that it matters but I like it ;-). Like ry for a nn.

Actually prefer them swapped round as mentioned by pp. Ben rydan sounds pretty cool!!

My in-laws were not happy when we chose Max for our son as they had a dog years ago when DH was a child with that name. We said you don't currently have a dog named Max, get over it. And they came around eventually. (I actually have more difficulty with DH who hates almost every boys name I come up with this time round!)

Screw them - he is YOUR son. Choose the name you love, you won't regret it.

I got flack from DH's family for naming my son Asher but I stuck to my guns and I STILL love the name. If I could go back in time, I'd keep the name!

name your baby what you want! stick to your guns and in time they will come to love whatever you choose! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->