Our little emergency

Zooy

Pregnant with a toddler
Reaction score
Finally had time to sit down and write our birth story! We found out on Tuesday that our little man was breech after weeks of the doctors thinking he was head down. They also knew he was surrounded by a lot of fluid and would be large and with my bicornuate uterus he wasn't turning. After a night of my mother in law panicking, me crying and just my husband being mad at me, the doctors decided Wednesday to book me in for a Csection Thursday afternoon. I was feeling really good Wednesday night so I decided to make the drive (35 min) to my Girl Guide meeting to talk to my girls about the next couple of weeks. My husband came with me as he didn't want me driving that way by myself.

It's a good thing he did, about 10 min from our destination I felt a pop and went "uhoh, I hope that wasn't my water", it was! So instead of going straight at the lights to the next town I turned and went to the hospital because I knew that I was supposed to be putting my hips up if my water went because of risk of cord prolapse. The hospital I went to doesn't do births so I made their night and got to have the doctor and nurse come with me to the hospital. They said it's really rare a high risk mom comes in and they were excited. After what felt like a long ambulance ride to the hospital praying that I wouldn't have contractions I made it.

They started my blood work right away and got us prepped for an emergency csection. The nurses and doctors were all excited because I bumped back a surgery noone wanted to do apparently. The Csection was weird to be honest. I felt nothing from the chest down, just tugging. They let me have my mp3 player and I spent the surgery with one headphone in talking to my husband and listening to music. I heard Kansas - Carry on my Wayward son come onand thought "this would be very ironic if he was born as we walked back down the aisle to this song when we were married. And soon enough as soon as it did the "don't you cry no more" I felt a tug and heard crying. I started to bawl immediately and soon enough I saw my little man.

My husband and babe were rushed off and I waited for them to stitch me up. The doctors and nurses were all joking and placing bets on weight and I was able to tell them some of the specials at the local golf club. The csection was very pleasureable and I was thankful that it was.

I didn't get to see him for almsot 2 hours after birth as it took a while to stitch me up and to finish in recovery. I did have a really bad reaction to the epidural and was very very itchy.

Here he is, Jensen Wynter
November 16/11 9:37pm weighing 8lbs 9 oz!
https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/ZooyNewt/Photo-0425.jpg
https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/ZooyNewt/IMG_6930.jpg

Yaaayyy, how nice for you. He's so lovely. :)
Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->