Our preemies blogs/journals/stories....(and the bag hijack thread) )

AP

Reaction score
I thought it might be ideal for us mummies who have blogs or journals to link them here, for anyone who's new to the section. It would have been handy for me at the time that's for sure, google is not my friend :haha: and this section was so quiet at the time!

So I'll go first, a quick description:

Alex was born 27+4 weighing 2lb 14oz.
She spent 12 weeks in neonatal, had a grade IV brain bleed, and laser eye surgery for ROP. She came home with just severe reflux and a big personality!

Alexs journal is www.babygagasdiary.blogspot.com

(It is a mash up of the journal I kept here on BnB and the diary created with the neonatals computer system)

And you can like it on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Gagas-Diary/108367895896059​

mines in my sig if anyone wants to go take a looky! :D

My pregnancy journal is in my siggie. I just want to say that although I'm sad that I might end up having a premmie baby, I couldn't wish for a better group of ladies to give me comfort and support :flower: :kiss:

Hang tight hun. You're at 25 weeks! Keep sticky little baby!!! Don't come out yet! I had my cupcake at 26 weeks and 2 days after my water broke at 25 weeks 5 days. xoxoxox :hugs:

:hugs: Because of LOs heart there is talk of him being delivered at 28 weeks. I'm hoping his condition hasn't progressed to where they will need to do that.

Awww hunn i pray he gets to stay in longer so he can grow bigger and stronger. But in the end is he does need to be deliverd at 28 weeks hes got a super fighting chance. i'll be stalking your journal.

I have Harry's journey all written down, kept a daily dairy for his 102 in hospital! Maybe i should type it up!

Ill read u the funniest bit from the first page!!!

A bag, why are u putting my baby in a bag? It isnt a tesco one is it!!?!?

Ozzie, good luck xxx

A bag, why are u putting my baby in a bag? It isnt a tesco one is it!!?!?

for some reason i didnt even question the bag thing :dohh: i dunno why! Any other day I'd be like "Why are you putting her in a BAG!!!!"

That bag will haunt me for the rest of my life!!!!

lol they did warn me they were going to put him in a tesco bag when he was delivered, but I didn't actually see it.
I didn't make a journal but the photos on facebook tell the tale x

Its the one thing that they didnt tell us, shocked wasnt the word!! Hey toothfairy, i dont think i have u on the wonder of facebook, can i add you? x

I was too scared to look at what they were doing. The only thing I seen was them running with Holly to put her in the transport incubator to take her upstairs as the room I was in wasn't big enough for the 2 resus tables and the incubators so they were left at the door. Rebecca's resus table was at the door so I never seen them move her.

Not sure if I regret not looking because I have read their resuscitation notes and it wasn't pleasant reading so I can only imagine seeing it was much worse!

25WEEKER, i only saw the bag part, the rest they were all huddled around H so i couldnt see and part of me is glad, i think it would have been to much seeing them do there thing x

Its the one thing that they didnt tell us, shocked wasnt the word!! Hey toothfairy, i dont think i have u on the wonder of facebook, can i add you? x

Of course :) I've lost track of who off here I've added, but it's
https://www.facebook.com/vickiholden
:thumbup:

i'm happy i didn't see anything from Sammy coming out from csection as i was completely higher then a kite on morphine and fentynyl from my epidural not working. i have very little memory of the csection except screaming my head off while they were cutting me and it hurt like hell and the cold of the drugs being put in my iv going down my back and in my arm. the part where the drug dr asking me if i could feel the cold ice he was trying on my tummy and telling the drs there was no time for another spinal and them saying just pump her full of drugs. and trying to look at the screen above my head that thwy had on so we could watch them resucitating her. i was so stoned and i had a migraine from the fever i spiked frm the infection in my uterus i can only remember the blurry image and trying to cry because our little girl was here but not being able to cry because i was to high. lol. My husband said it was the most horrible thing he ever saw in his life. he watched them shove the tube down her throat and then panic and haul it back out and shake their heads after they bagged her which convinced him she was dead. then her little leg twitiched and she flailed her arms. the drug dr held my husbands shoulders the whole time he said.

Summary: My son Andrew was born at 29+1 with severe IUGR. He's now 18 months, has been through a bout of Infantile Spasms, and has a hearing loss.

I used B&B to post his story: https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/183516-andrew-born-29-weeks.html

Here's a brief description of my story (there's a link to my blog in my signature...I updated it faithfully every Sunday from 18 weeks pregnant till Sophie was 5 months old then didn't have time but I still noted stuff so I could update it eventually!)

Sophie was born at 27 weeks exactly weighing 1lb 13oz, after I developed severe pre-eclampsia. She was in intensive care for 7 weeks, high dependency for 3 weeks and special care for 2 weeks, and she came home 6 days before her due date, weighing 5lbs 6. She's just turned one (9 months corrected) and weighs 17lbs exactly.

If anyone's interested, we have the "Sophie Baxter fan club" page on facebook which we set up so all our friends and family could watch her journey through neonatal and after she came home. We have pictures on there of every single day she was in neonatal as well as a little update every day. It's all set to private so if anyone wants to see it just let me know and I'll send you an invite on facebook! xx

anyone want to read about Michael's story you can click the link below: born @ 25+2, due to Incompetent Cervix and Pre eclamsia

https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/370725-25-2-labour-c-section-today-29.html

you know just reading your introductions ladies it really shows that we all got a story to tell, well im fighting back the tears as usual, when will i grow a backbone

:hugs: What's killing me is the not knowing part. Just that they have to evaluate week by week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->