Our yellow bump turned.....Blue :-) Birth Story

lovepink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Hope you are all doing well.

On Monday 16th May at 11.30pm i had some back ache so bounced on my ball for a bit. Didnt think anything of it. Just before 12am, my waters broke and i had a bloody show at the same time.

So i rang labour ward just to let them know and they said to take 2 paracetamol, go to bed, get some rest and ring the community midwife at 9am. I got into bed and by this time was still feeling quite a bit of pain in my back, to the point where i couldnt settle and kept getting up for a wee. I started to worry as the pain continued, but not really in my tummy, mainly my back and legs and was worried that i would never cope with the labour, thinking that i would still have at least another 10hours to go (being 1st time baby and not having regular contractions. Labour ward had recommended that i didnt use my tens machine yet as it would keep me awake, so i continued on with the pain. I was then violently sick 2 times and felt so rough. I was also convinced that i needed a no. 2 and kept going to the toilet, but nothing. I decided to have a hot bath which didnt really seem to settle me and it was so painful to turn in the bath. After about 10 mins, i got out and was clinging onto the towel rail trying to work through the pain. By this point i kinda knew they were contractions but didnt feel anything like i imagined them to be, again mainly really bad bad cramps. DH called labour ward again to check about the sickness and they again said to sleep.

So i decided to try and get more sleep but lasted all of a few seconds in bed and still felt i needed a No.2, so sat on the toilet again trying to go. All of a sudden i was really sick again and felt a huge urge, lept off the toilet then screamed to DH "i need to push!". Thinking i still had ages to go, i was now really worried about this urge to push, so i lept of the toilet straight onto all fours and remember trying to breathe through the urge to push. DH contacted labour ward once again and they asked DH how regular my contractions were, which we were unable to answer as they were sometimes 30secs between or 7mins! No regular length or time! I think they thought DH was clueless. They could hear me in the background and decided they would send an ambulance and on call midwife.

It felt like ages until the paramedics (approx 02.30am) arrived and DH has since said how worried he was that the baby would be born and something maybe wrong. When the paramedics arrived they were so reassuring saying that they had delivered babies before. They gave me entenox straight away :) They couldnt really examine me properly as i was on all fours on our tiny toilet floor with my bum facing the toilet and head our the door way! The female paramedic said "i cant see the head" which then made me think they would just cart me off to labour ward and i was being really bad coping the the pain. They waited til the midwie arrived at 02.37am) she examined me straight away and said i can see the head and you're fully dilated, carry on pushing!!! I couldnt believe it and remember saying but i still have ages left and it cant be ready yet! I was so relieved that i could carry on pushing as thats all i wanted to do. Its amazing how you're body naturally takes over. I then carried on pushing whilst the paramedic held me up as i kept leaning and DH held the entenox for me.

Baby Oliver arrived at 3.10am, 17th May, 7lbs3ozs in one big push :cloud9:, whole head & body out in one! :happydance: I was just amazed that he had been born at home and had come so quickly. I turned around from being on all fours and held our beautiful baby boy. My placenta then started to come quickly and i only needed a small about of the injection. My body had just been amazing :)

They got me off the toilet floor and into Olivers nursery where we also have a double bed. I layed there in amazment while the paramedics cleared up and the midwife continued all her checks. She and the paramedic examined me and suprisingly i didnt even need any stiches and hadnt torn! I layed on the bed and ed Oliver for about an hour then the MW weiged him, gave hime vit K, dressed him and took my blood. Once the paramedics were happy with my BP, the left at approx 04.30am and the MW left at 05.30am after further checks. We layed on the bed watching the sun come up in our own home with our perfect little boy :cloud9: :blue: The MW was happy and we didnt need hospital :happydance:

By 6am i was sat in my own bath then had a shower while Daddy cuddled Oliver and our parents came over at 7am for breakfast :)

I would never have considered a home birth, but it was the best experience of my life and would do it all again tomorrow. Oliver David is just the best and we love hime very much. His middle name is after Daddy and also the Paramedic who was also called David.

Good luck to everyone who is yet to have their babies and remember ladies, 1st time labours are sometimes very quick, not what you expect and contractions aren't always in your tummy!!! :hugs:

Oh my word, what an amazing story! Your labour sounded fab, I hope I'm as lucky lol! Congratulations on the birth of baby Oliver x

congratulations on such an amazing birth! i dont know why but reading it made me really emotional...how pathetic...It must be the hormones lol x

Picture :)

Attachments

• Oliver 17th May 2011 030.jpg
    Oliver 17th May 2011 030.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 8
What a cutie, well done you! What an amazing story. Xx

Wow amazing story. He is gorgeous. Congratulations :)

He is beautiful! I've cried reading your amazing birth story, congratulations, the post birth time with your OH and baby sound idyllic xx

what an amazing story! congratulations!!! My last son was very quick too which is why i wanted a homebirth this time but sadly not possible. Your birth is just how i imagined a homebirth :) Cant wait to see pics of baby Oliver!

What a story! Thank you so much for posting it, you gave me so much hope that mine won't be as bad as I think. Fantastic and exciting birth story. I'm really happy for you, congratulations!

What a lovely, positive story!! And he's so cute too. Congratulations!! Xx

Amazing to be at home and not have to go into hospital. Beautiful baby xxx congrats.

Thanks Ladies :) I love him so so so much. Forgot to say aswell, he was born on his due date! Good luck to those of you still waiting for your babies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->