Oven Chips

mummymoo82

Reaction score
Am I a bad mother because I give my daughter a couple of oven chips to eat when we have them for tea? There is no salt on them. Oh and an occasionaly prawn cracker

I got a right ear bashing off a friends mother because I apparently have no idea how to raise my child!

Please someone tell me I aint doing something terribly wrong:cry:

I think the odd thing here and there of that nature isn't going to harm your LO, as long as they don't feature in her diet all the time!

I think it's a bit harsh to pass judgement in that way, we all have or will give our LO's things that aren't ideal for them i'm sure but as long as common sense is used I guess!!

Have you tried roasting chip-shaped potatoes instead of oven chips? you can use just a bit of the spray oil for them then you know there's nothing to harm your LO?

We all give less than brilliant things every now and then, don't worry!

:shrug:
My HV said to get the McCains oven chips as it's the way that they're cooked and the oil on them which makes them unhealthy... These particular McCains one actually have less fat then the roasted parsnips I buy :dohh: (and no salt either). And I put them in the oven. I know plenty of people who buy oven chips and then fry them - kinda defeating the purpose there!

It doesn't make you a bad mum, what a horrible comment that woman made!
I give Seren stuff like that occasionally, but other than that her diet is extremely healthy.
Everything in moderation.

like others have said,everything in moderation.
you arnt doing anything wrong hun. We have given connah an oven chip before,also a potato wedge...i dont think it will hurt x

Like Lu said - we all give the odd thing that isn't the healthiest. Ruby has had a piece of apple cake (homemade) once.

I agree with Faille too, oven chips aren't that terrible anyway, if I was eating them I'd probably give Ruby a couple, just not often, in any case she loves chunks of roasted veg which are just as easy to bung in the oven!

:hugs: Your not a bad mother at all xxx

You are definitely not a bad mum. Everything in moderation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->