Over the moon!!

Chatterbox84

Proud Mummy to Aaron
Reaction score
My husband and I have been WTT since we got married in 2005 and TTC since June, so I'm over the moon to say we're finally expecting!!

We've told his and my parents and our brothers and sisters but I honestly don't know how we'll keep this quiet for another 6 weeks!! The days are already dragging and we've only known a week, argh!!

There's a hen do approaching I need to get out of without blabbing somehow, any suggestions??:shrug: they're wanting to book it in the next 2 weeks...

xx

Congrats x

Can you pretend you have other family plans that you can't put off, as an excuse not to go on the Hen do x

It may have to be something like that, yes!

I'm in a pickle as the hen asked us what dates we could and couldn't do weeks ago :dohh: it's a night out (dressed as burlesque dancers!!) and staying over quite a way away, and whilst by the time the hen do comes round I'll have told them I'm expecting, I have to think of an excuse soon as to why I suddenly can't go! I may have to upset her now to explain my reasons properly in 6 weeks...I'd have thought it'd be ok for me to go but I went on my brother's bride-to-be's hen do at the weekend and I felt very vulnerable, tired and uncomfortable being there...plus its the money side of things of course!

Eep xx

congratulations! thats a long time ttc, may i ask did you use any aids or what days did you bd this cycle? xxx

huge congratulations :D i'd might be inclined to say you can't go due to money reasons? xx

thank you everyone!

smitsusan5 as I'm 25, less than a year TTC I think my doctor wouldn't entertain my conceiving concerns - though as an adolescent I had undiagnosed abdomen problems for a number of years that they said could be baby bits related! So after 8 cycles and no joy we decided to have a go at ovulation kits - and it worked first time! No supplements, no change in diet...the only thing that was different was we got a puppy just before Christmas so our baby plans were shelved :blush: haha! People always say don't worry about it and it'll happen, don't they??

I'm definitely thinking I'll be using a money related excuse for the hen do, as that is in part true! Whilst I know all will be forgiven when I'm finally able to share the happy news, I still feel mean coming up with a stinking fat lie in the meantime...but it is 2 months away and should cost about £200...I think I'm making this much worse in my head and stressing about it, which is no good at all!

Thank you for your welcomes / thanks / suggestions :thumbup: xx

Congratulations!! xx

Re: Hen do.... do you drive??? Couldvolunteer as designated driver??

Congratulations!! xx

Re: Hen do.... do you drive??? Couldvolunteer as designated driver??

If it was local I definitely would (that was my excuse for the hen do I went to on Saturday, worked like a charm :winkwink:), but it's a night stopping in a lovely hotel in Newcastle and the plan is to get the train together, bah!! I've managed to swerve the drinkies they're all going for tonight as it's bound to be the hot topic, so perhaps they won't book for another 6 weeks...fingers crossed!! Thank you for your suggestion :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->