Overactive Thyroid

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I'm might be dealing with here? After two hospital stays for dehydration in a week my blood results have now come back twice that my thyroid levels are overactive.
I'm being sent to a consultant but that's all I've been told!

I know what an overactive thyroid is - my mum has an underactive one so not that surprised if it's been passed down to me but what should I expect being pregnant with one?!

You will be given something to bring your levels down to normal again because high thyroid level if not controlled can effect the baby in the long run if it gets too high, I had hugely over active thyroids when I fell pregnant with my LO infact I was told by a Dr there was no way I could be pregnant.

Make sure you are eating properly, keep an eye on your energy levels (mine were up and down like a yoyo), if they decide you have a significant thyroid problem you will be assigned a consultant through your pregnancy and probably have your bloods done every month just to keep an eye on your thyroid hormone levels. luckily my pregnancy seemed to stabilise my thyroid problems so I only have to have a yearly check up now unless I start getting symptoms and don't have to take medication anymore, ultimately once you've had your LO there is a good chance your thyroid levels will go completely the other way eventually, I have three female family members who suffer from lupus which is the opposite to what I had

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->