Overdue and need a girls name!

Librastar2828

Reaction score
Ok so baby was due this week and still we have no name! Me and oh don't agree on a single thing! He likes traditional English names and I like names a bit more modern and different but not overly put there bizarre lol!

So far we have:

Sophia/Sophie
Ella
Isabella
Harriet
Millie
Isla
Emma

But literally I either like it and oh doesn't or he likes it and I don't.. Open to more suggestions if you can help or which ones are nice on our list.. Neither of us are very good at compromise or backing down and it's so hard each of a liking a completely different style of name!

I love Harriet - it's no1 for us if we have a girl! I also like Millie and Ella.

For me, Isabella (because of Twilight), Isla and Sophie/a are getting quite popular so although they are lovely, they'd be out for me.

Other names we liked: Flora, Mairi, Juliet

Esmee
Evie
Farrah
Amelie /Amelia (millie for short)
Ellie
Isla
Grace / Gracie / Gracelynn

Hmm that must be super tough if you both like opposite style names....Worst case scenario can you pick first name and he picks middle or vice versa maybe? Otherwise here are some suggestions of names that might be a compromise as they are not entirely popular yet not "unique" either:

Isadora nn Izzie, Dora
India nn Indie
Elaina nn Lainey
Aila (Ayy-la)
Emma-Leigh - Unique throw on Emily and you can use the name Emma :)
Gracelyn (Grace-lynn)
Rosabella nn Rosa, Bella, Ella

I guess what I'm essentially trying to suggest for you is to pick a name that is either unique or common and then use nicknames that can fit the other person's style.
Example:
Grace is a common, popular name.
Gracelyn is a unique twist on a common name Grace.

You can do this with a lot of names if you really think about it.

Riley is a popular unisex name.
Rhyleigh suddenly makes it super girly and unique - yet it sounds the same!

xxxjessxxx -
Just wanna say I adore your daughters name!!! Is it pronounced like En-ola?

I had a kitten named Nolah once :) gorgeous name!!

From your list I love:

Sophia
Ella
Millie
Isla

Other suggestions:

Lyla/Lilah
Elodie
Evie
Ava
Madeleine
Molly

I guess what I'm essentially trying to suggest for you is to pick a name that is either unique or common and then use nicknames that can fit the other person's style.

This is what we did. OH likes traditional I like more modern/unique.

We chose...

Isabella - Izzy
Amelia - Mia
Oliver - Ollie

I love felicity , I think its lovely and the nickname fliss too! hope you decide soon!

Hello

From your list I like Emma, Isabella and Sophia.

I think Emma Grace would be a lovely name. If I have a girl she will be Isabella Annelise, and Sophia just has a level of tradition/modern so its a timeless choice.

My 1st daughter is name Sarah Nicole and everyone seems to like her name
not sure if you have tried the name genie yet but Its pretty neat. you can search for first names to flow well with your last name or if you have a certain middle name or first name it will generate a good name to go with and show you the initials so there are no bad initials

I love Sophia and Milly from your list

For a girl I like - Maya, Lilly-Mae, Caitlyn, Saffron

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back