Ovulation and clomid

drsquid

Reaction score
So here is my question. I ovulated on my own last month no problem. Doc seemed iffy about me even doing one unmedicated cycle (I guess because I'm 38). I am single and thus have no fertility hx (ie I dont know if I have any problems with fertility or not). I am not sure I understand what the advantage to me would be. From what I read it would seem like I just increase my risk of poor lining. Any thoughts? And yes I plan on asking him too

didn't want to read and run....
are you asking what good clomid will be to you?
Stronger more mature eggs at our over 35 ages.haha

and side effects can be thinned lining ( if you use it to long) and dry cervical mucus.
I am scared of both of those happening to me.so I'm drinking green tea and fingers crossed my linign is fine as well.....
Im taking clomid due to only having 1 tube....clomid will help me ovulate both sides so i am guarenteed an egg on the good side...Hopefully...

I Ov fine unmedicated as well. Dr gave me clomid to help improve the quality and of eggs.
I drink green tea and take epo to help with CM and so far it seems to have done the trick

Hi - I've also been prescribed clomid to create a stronger ovulation and hopefully improve my progesterone levels which were low. In my 1st cycle 50mg days 2-6 my progesterone went up from 6 to 99 so things seem to be working. Just taken 2nd round of 50 mg days 3-7 . So far I've not had any problems with dryness - am taking Robitussin 5 days before O 2 tsps 3 times a day, drinking lots of water and using some preseed to make sure there's enough fluid down there. I've also been lucky so far not to have had any of the side effects reported with clomid like headaches and mood swings - fingers crossed for a BFP this month. I also worry about the possibility of thinning the lining - it's all swings and roundabouts TTC isn't it.

Baby dust XX

Definitley ask, I was prescribed Clomid when I had irregular cycles after birth of first child, unfortunatley I reacted badly and was one of the very small percentage of women whose ovaries completeley shut down after taking. Went into premature ovulation failure!! This took another 3 years to restart and hence still TTC 2nd chidl at age of 41!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->