Ovulation Bleeding? NTNP Any advice welcomed...

ms.ks

Reaction score
Thanks for reading...

I'm a 20 something, overweight but getting healthy woman.

We are not necessarily TTC, but not preventing either.

I have a 31/32 day cycle.

My last cycle started on 3/25 through 3/27, short but normal for me. We BD I think on the 29th, 30th or 31st of March (can't remember, oops) and again on the 7th of April. On the 7th I accidentally fell asleep (middle of the night BD-ing) before going to the bathroom, so his swimmers had plently of time to make their move... I woke up about an hour later and used the bathroom. (TMI, sorry). On the 8th of April, at about 2pm I noticed some light bleeding when I was in the bathroom. It wasn't heavy enough to need a pantyliner, but it wasn't just a little spot. It was lighter in color than my regular cycle, a slightly brighter pinkish red thin-looking blood. Again I bled lightly that evening, but after 8pm the bleeding had stopped all together. Saturday, the 9th, I had very, very light brown/red spotting that was barely noticeable. I don't think I would have noticed it had I not been paying attention.

My question is, is this the "ovulation bleeding" I have read about? I would think if so, did we BD too early? I'm sure it could not possibly be implantation bleeding because when we BD on the 29th, 30th or 31st of March it was just a few days after my period had ended.

Also, I've lost 25 pounds in the past two months. I'm feeling healthier, due to the weight loss and some recent discovery of food allergies. I'm avoiding a lot of dairy and feeling so much better.

One of my coworkers said on Friday that I was looking "healthier, and glowy." I'm considering that a good sign.

What is your opinion? Should I just consider this midcycle bleeding that's unrelated to ovulation, or could it be a fertility sign?

Thanks for you input/advice! :)

Hi there, I'm new to TTC/NTNP and I don't recall hearing about ovulation bleeding. I have heard of and experienced ovulation pain but not bleeding. I've also heard of but haven't experienced implantation bleeding so I'm not much help! :)

It sounds to me like it could be unrelated mid-cycle bleeding though since it takes 4-5 days for implantation to occur after ovulation which would make your O date around the beginning of April if the bleed you experienced was implantation bleeding. Do you chart your temps? Is it possible the bleed you experienced late March was something other than AF? Or have you considered low progesterone levels to cause mid-cycle bleeding after ovulation?

Wish I could be more help but regardless, I hope you get the results you're looking for! :)

Hi ms.ks :wave:

I don't think you get ovulation bleeding either. I doubt it's implantation since I think it would be a little early in the cycle, as you say.

Sometimes women get bleeding after intercourse because their cervix naturally has more blood vessels in it, sometimes it's because there is an infection, sometimes it's just one of those things and may never happen again.

What I'd do is do a HPT if your next period is late, but in the meantime if you think you may have an infection or if it happens again you could go see your GP for a check up.

HTH!
X

Thanks for your input.

I'm not sure if the bleeding in March could be something other than AF, since it certainly felt like AF... But I will say that there were many opportunities in March for me to become pregnant.

I guess I'll have to wait until the end of the month.. well, around the 24th when AF is due, to see what happens.

I get ovulation bleeding! I also know because of the cramps I get on my right side. I would say it sounds more like sex could of caused your bleeding. Its actually quite common. But, yes it def could be ovulation bleeding as well. Good luck!!

Hello,

Our stories are quite similar!

I have lost 30lbs so far this year and I now finally have a BMI of 24! (hoorah!) I originally thought I had irregular, short cycles, however, since seeing a gynaecologist in Jan who insisted that I use OPKs I have found that I actually have a regular 28 day cycle but I also spot from the day that I ovulate for around 5 days.

I have a follow up appt on 29th April and after doing a little research (on here!) I am going to ask for a day 21 progesterone test as it may be low progesterone levels which causes the spotting (too early for implantation bleeding). If it is then it will need to be treated in order to conceive & maintain a pregnancy but is totally manageable.

Good luck to you, if I were you I would give it another cycle & if the early spotting happens again, go and see your doctor and ask for a day 21 test.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->