Ovulation - I can't figure it out!!

Hey_Beautiful

TTC #2
Reaction score
I’ve got a question: When you use the OPK digital and see more than one day of smiley faces (3 days to be exact) when do you count the time that you will Ovulate. For instance, I got a smiley face on Thursday evening – Saturday morning (it was gone by 6pm) would I have ovulated during that time, or will I ovulate a day or two AFTER the smiley face is gone. Please advise me:

Ps: we BD all of the previous week up until Sunday - but I think I might have missed the O. (experienced cramping Monday & Tuesday)

I've always gone by the first positive test (or smiley face). I'd start BDing as soon as you get a positive. Do you temp chart? That would be the best way to confirm for your cycle.

Good question....it's meant to be 12-48 hours after lh surge first picked up....that's why I usually test am and pm. However this month I felt ovulation pains over a period of three days (some 5 days after oh surge detected) so haven't a clue when ovulation occurred!

Hmm..my tests say ovulation up to 72hrs. I think everyone is different. I've had cycles where I tested positive for three days and my last one I only had a surge for about ten hours. If I hadn't done a test at night (just on a whim) I would have missed it completely, because the surge was gone by my normal test time the following day. As for ovulation itself, the only way to be sure is to chart your temperature. We start BDing once I get a positive OPK and keep going until a day after my temp goes up.

I had consult with my gyn yesterday and he said if you OPK to bd same day as first positive and the day after.

So frustrating....I'm 9 dpo and had a bit of red cm earlier today and now have period pains.... It was my first month of using soy and I was feeling really confident! Alas I'm feeling those familiar feelings once Again!

So frustrating....I'm 9 dpo and had a bit of red cm earlier today and now have period pains.... It was my first month of using soy and I was feeling really confident! Alas I'm feeling those familiar feelings once Again!

FX'd for implantation bleeding :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->