Ovulation Question

zoefromsussex

Mother
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering what is the best way to find out if I have ovulated? I had a tfmr on 22nd March and my AF arrived 5 weeks after that but I never appear to have any signs of ovulation and everybody on here talks about stuff like cm and temping but I'm clueless! Don't really want to make it all too complicated or clinical so was just wondering if there is a foolproof way of checking?

It's difficult to say for sure that you have ovulated unless you are tracking in some way, either by temping, monitoring Cervical Mucous or using OPKs.

You could always assume you are "average" and assume that OV occurs on CD14, but obviously as you would only be assuming, you could very well be missing your most fertile days altogether.

I've been temping, using OPK's and checking CM. But really, I find the only thing that makes me feel like 'I know for sure' is temping. If you just temp, you'll have a really good idea. It's a pain if you are the type of person that doesn't wake up at the same time every day though.

Thanks for your replies. So, how do I go about temping? Is there a certain time of day and is there a particular temperature I should look out for? I was working on the basis that if we did the deed every other day, we'd have my most fertile days covered...!

Zoe, I am like you and don't temp, chart, or poas. I am currently doing the every other day method which worked last time for me. I am also trying to pay attention to my body for any signs of Ov pains or the random urge to DTD.

I get my dh to check my temp each morning as he wakes up before me. I think you are supposed to do as little activity as poss before you temp, and also try and do it at the same time each day.

There's no particular average temp, youre looking for the rise in your temp which suggests you have ovulated. Your temp will then stay high until your period, then it will go back to your base line

hope that helps and good luck!!

Dazed: well this approach did work for me last time but I'm not so confident this time for some reason. I think I was far more relaxed about ttc last time because I presumed I'd have a carefree pregnancy as I did with my eldest but it all went wrong. Fingers crossed for us all x

Zoe, I know how you feel. I think if it doesn't work this time (not that I am completely expecting it to) I might try OPKs. Like you, when we first started trying it was pretty carefree and if it happens it happens. Then the month I got my BPF was the first month we really tried, sadly I ended up here not soon after. Fingers crossed for you hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->