Ovulation without temperature spike??

Timetotry

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible, or has anyone ovulated without the temp spike?

I didn't chart my whole cycle, because I didn't have batteries until almost mid cycle.
My temps seem low (averaging 97 give or take), and there hasn't been an obvious spike. I'm CD25 out of a 33 or 36 day cycle. But I also worked night shifts a few times this month, so I couldn't take my temps at the same time daily.

I'm starting to wonder if I didn't/won't ovulate.... I should have by now if I was going to. :(

I am no expert in charting or temps by any means,however, everywhere I read states that you will have a temp spike after ovulation, that is how you know you ovulated. Its important to chart the whole cycle though because just a week or two of temps do not give you a clear picture.

I started a week before my period, so all my temps were higher than 97.45 then my temp dropped to 97.1 and I got my period that day. Since then, I have been below 97.18 and have not spiked at all, indicating no ovulation.

Well I have charted 2 weeks worth of the past 26 days.
That started shortly after AF ended. Darn batteries I had to order for my thermometer took their sweet time getting here!!
I had symptoms and signs of ovulation, but my temps don't show a pattern like they say they should. I was expecting a drop/spike sometime this week....

Just wondering if everyone has the temp drop and spike, or is that a generalization of what everyone 'should' do?

The temp can drop at first, but it will then go higher than your previous temps because progesterone makes your body warmer.

I feel like my night shifts have really messed up my chart.
I took my temps in the middle of the afternoon on those days, after sleeping around 5 hrs each. But those temps are much higher then my morning temps.

Wonder what tomorrows temp will be!

You have to take the temps around the same time because your body temperature varies throughout the day and you should ideally take it after 6 hours of sleep for it to be your resting temperature. Have you tried opk if you can't meet those conditions? I have to say though, charting is much more accurate and reliable if done right, it gives a very clear idea about our cycles.

You have to take the temps around the same time because your body temperature varies throughout the day and you should ideally take it after 6 hours of sleep for it to be your resting temperature. Have you tried opk if you can't meet those conditions? I have to say though, charting is much more accurate and reliable if done right, it gives a very clear idea about our cycles.

Haven't tried opks yet. If I'm not pregnant this month, maybe I'll try those.
I read that for shift workers you can take it after you have slept a minimum of 3 hrs.
I was looking forward to seeing my chart, I'm a little disappointed.
And I have night shifts next month too, so I this month didnt work then temping wont work again next month either :(

Ohhh, I just took out my two high temps, from my night shifts and Ovufriend gave me cross hairs! Yippeee. I hope its right cuz we bd'd that day!

So I might be 4 dpo now.

I was feeling down all day, and I'm still hesitant that we may have missed our chance. I've had some stretchy CM today and hubby has been away all weekend; and we stopped out every other day bd'ing

Thanks noodle!
I ended up removing a few temps that were taken after night shifts, and it finally showed that I had a temp increase and probably ovulated on the 11th! Yay.
I'm 9dpo and had a bit of blood on my cervix when I checked position today. I'm hopeful! (Hesitant though because I'm CD33 and my cycles vary between 33-37 days.)
Eek!

It's really important that you take your temps around the same time for your chart to be accurate hun xx

It's really important that you take your temps around the same time for your chart to be accurate hun xx

That would be nice, but I work shift work so it's impossible!
I read that you can take your temp after your sleep cycle (for those working shift), but the temps I had when I did that didn't seem right so I removed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->