ow oww owww bad latch worse at night

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
My dd has posterior tongue tie which we are getting referred to grt it snipped. She is 10 days old and has always had a bad latch shallow so my nips are wrecked. I can only find one position to feed in thats vaguely comfy on my boob. Thats cross cradle with my boob ahand (eg left boob left hand)holding my breast. I can't feed discretely and I can't feed in public like this :(

Anyway, nursing & latch is so much worse at night. I just sit there is tears or gritting my teetg trying to relax. My nipples are raw. I latch & re latch but can't seem to get anything decent. I use a nursing chair or ny bed but neither makes a difference.

I've started expressing to freeze down. I supplement with formula once a night but she still wants/needs boob to settle. It's making me resent bf. I'd never resent her! She is beautiful :)

My ds was ff due to medical issues & so this is my last chance to bf. I'd be happy to swap to ff but I know realistically that once I do there is no going back. So it has to be the right decision/time for me & my sanity. But I am struggling.

My dd has posterior tongue tie which we are getting referred to grt it snipped. She is 10 days old and has always had a bad latch shallow so my nips are wrecked. I can only find one position to feed in thats vaguely comfy on my boob. Thats cross cradle with my boob ahand (eg left boob left hand)holding my breast. I can't feed discretely and I can't feed in public like this :(

Anyway, nursing & latch is so much worse at night. I just sit there is tears or gritting my teetg trying to relax. My nipples are raw. I latch & re latch but can't seem to get anything decent. I use a nursing chair or ny bed but neither makes a difference.

I've started expressing to freeze down. I supplement with formula once a night but she still wants/needs boob to settle. It's making me resent bf. I'd never resent her! She is beautiful :)

My ds was ff due to medical issues & so this is my last chance to bf. I'd be happy to swap to ff but I know realistically that once I do there is no going back. So it has to be the right decision/time for me & my sanity. But I am struggling.

I have to do the cross cradle as well, have you tried propping her head up a smidge with a blanket? I used a combination of the feeding pillow and then shove the blanket under his head to get the right position. Its soft enough that when he is done he can still pull back and let go, but just enough to keep him in the perfect spot. I dont need this for my right boob, just bad latching on my left.

Posts a pic to give a rough idea

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u138/mourningsong/ca2db3d5-05b0-45aa-8535-e691c32906d5_zps8d1894c4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->