Owch body is rejecting belly bar :( (also posted in teen pregnancy)

mummyb1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am sorry to be sneaking over here but I have been told that someone in here may be able to help me, sorry for intruding.

My body is rejecting my belly bar it's gone like it did when I first got it done when it was sore and red, and when you move the bar it gets stuck and is all gewy

I knew that I would have to take it out at some point but I didn't think it would be this soon I have ordered a maternity bar hoping that might save it but if it doesn't arrive soon I will have to take this one out before it gets to sore.

Hey hun,

I'm sorry I can't help much. I took mine out when I found out I was pregnant (decided it would be simpler). It has still gone really sore and uncomfortable as it stretches, so maybe the skin there just has less flexibility once it's had holes put in it? I'd say keep it cleaned like you would a new piercing and change the bar asap.

It might not heal properly again till after the baby's born though. Make sure you keep it spotless as you would find it harder to fight off an infection now.

:hug:

Xx

Hiya! Well being totally honest u may be better off taking it out now.. i totally get why u want to keep it I had mine for 13 years ! I got maternity bars and they worked but ur belly button will disappear and u will end up knocking it so many times... then once u get really big there is a risk of the skin which the piercing is thro going too thin - this happened to me and I had a deep innie with plenty of room but at the end I could see the maternity bar thro my skin and it went bright red and painful - it wouldn't ease so I took it out. Thank god I did as the pus that started to come out was disgusting. I bathed the wound with salt water but the middle turned yellow like a spot surrounded by purple - I gently squeezed and the middle collapsed! :( I was horrified, and all I cared about was healing the area so be warned! I had a very flat toned belly pre preg ( not anymore dammit lol ) and it just couldn't handle a piercing as well as stretching . good luck !! X

I have to admit I removed mine fairly soon after becoming pregnant. I'm glad I did now because I don't think even a maternity bar would have worked. My belly button is completely stretched out of shape and the holes where the bar was will never be the same again. In fact, my belly button looks like it's badly bruised (though it doesn't hurt).

My advice would be to give up on trying to save it, let nature take it's course and then see what you can salvage after pregnancy!

I'm happy to post a picture of mine now if you wish to see what it looks like for an idea :)

Hey hun,

I'm sorry I can't help much. I took mine out when I found out I was pregnant (decided it would be simpler). It has still gone really sore and uncomfortable as it stretches, so maybe the skin there just has less flexibility once it's had holes put in it? I'd say keep it cleaned like you would a new piercing and change the bar asap.

It might not heal properly again till after the baby's born though. Make sure you keep it spotless as you would find it harder to fight off an injection now.

:hug:

Xx

Thank you I am thinking of taking mine out I may try the maternity bar for a few days and if that doesn't help I will part with it,

I have been putting savlon on it and I will start cleaning it with warm salt water see if that helps it, as your right if I take it out now I may have a better chance of it healing properly.

Thanks very much for your help :) xx

Hiya! Well being totally honest u may be better off taking it out now.. i totally get why u want to keep it I had mine for 13 years ! I got maternity bars and they worked but ur belly button will disappear and u will end up knocking it so many times... then once u get really big there is a risk of the skin which the piercing is thro going too thin - this happened to me and I had a deep innie with plenty of room but at the end I could see the maternity bar thro my skin and it went bright red and painful - it wouldn't ease so I took it out. Thank god I did as the pus that started to come out was disgusting. I bathed the wound with salt water but the middle turned yellow like a spot surrounded by purple - I gently squeezed and the middle collapsed! :( I was horrified, and all I cared about was healing the area so be warned! I had a very flat toned belly pre preg ( not anymore dammit lol ) and it just couldn't handle a piercing as well as stretching . good luck !! X

Oh god I am sorry that you have had a bad time with yours after reading this the begining sounds like what's happening to mine,

I have noticed the bit of skin in the middle getting thinner and when I run my finger across it I can feel the bar so much I could feel it before but not like this it's also quite sore when I do that so I may try the maternity one but if it doesn't arrive soon I will just take it out, as I now know how horrid and painful it can be.

I can't believe the middle collapsed on you that must have been sooo painful I can't even imagin ! haha oh I used to think that I had a toned tum but now that's all gone out the window the joys of pregnancy haha but it's all worth it in the end :)

Thanks so much for all your help x

I left all my piercing in until a few weeks ago...wish i hadnt...as they got so sore and icky.

Especially belly...even tho my belly button is still there...it get knocked n sore.

It just not worth it...u can always get them redone again after.

(even my tongue bar got sore...weird!!)

Hopefully the maternity bar will help tho.

I have to admit I removed mine fairly soon after becoming pregnant. I'm glad I did now because I don't think even a maternity bar would have worked. My belly button is completely stretched out of shape and the holes where the bar was will never be the same again. In fact, my belly button looks like it's badly bruised (though it doesn't hurt).

My advice would be to give up on trying to save it, let nature take it's course and then see what you can salvage after pregnancy!

I'm happy to post a picture of mine now if you wish to see what it looks like for an idea :)

I hadn't really thought about any problems with it at first because I didn't think I would have any trouble until alot later on but it seems I was very wrong.

That's probably what I should do as I don't want an infection or anything, yeah as long as you don't mind I know the belly goes through so many changed in pregnancy but as I said before I didn't think I would have to worry about it for a while yet but I am glad that I'm not the only to have problems with it so early

I left all my piercing in until a few weeks ago...wish i hadnt...as they got so sore and icky.

Especially belly...even tho my belly button is still there...it get knocked n sore.

It just not worth it...u can always get them redone again after.

(even my tongue bar got sore...weird!!)

Hopefully the maternity bar will help tho.

You've managed to keep them in so long, I wish that I could do that but it does look as though I will be having to part with mine very soon I don't really mind tbh like you say I get always get redone after.

Really ? it's so strange the things that happen to the body in pregnancy wierd, strange but also wonderful,

Thank you

Hormones can make you more reactive to metals....so pregnancy can especially. Fortunately...some people's piercings close up pretty quick after being taken out...which means it'll be easy to re-pierce when you're ready. I've pierced my belly button 3 times! First time was a botch job, 2nd got ripped out playing soccer...3rd was a charm.

And don't be surprised if, after it heals, you can still push some white stuff out. If it doesn't close up, or only partially does, you basically have a little space there to collect dead skin cells. Gross I know...but harmless...just check it every one in awhile.

If it doesn't close up and your stomach doesn't go back to normal right away...you can keep getting the surgical grade plastic bars to put in it. They're great...you can get it adjusted everytime you shrink down...and you can still have the decorative balls and such so it's pretty!

i think our bods are so busy working on baby that they see our peircings as foreign objects again!! my lip ring has gone all manky and sore and i've had it with no problems for 10yrs!! (but my nipple bar is fine...? go figure?!!) keep it clean and maybe think about removing it and having it re-done after. eeks!!

Hormones can make you more reactive to metals....so pregnancy can especially. Fortunately...some people's piercings close up pretty quick after being taken out...which means it'll be easy to re-pierce when you're ready. I've pierced my belly button 3 times! First time was a botch job, 2nd got ripped out playing soccer...3rd was a charm.

And don't be surprised if, after it heals, you can still push some white stuff out. If it doesn't close up, or only partially does, you basically have a little space there to collect dead skin cells. Gross I know...but harmless...just check it every one in awhile.

If it doesn't close up and your stomach doesn't go back to normal right away...you can keep getting the surgical grade plastic bars to put in it. They're great...you can get it adjusted everytime you shrink down...and you can still have the decorative balls and such so it's pretty!

Thank you, I'm not sure if I am a quick healer or not but after hearing some of these stories I don't really think it's worth me keeping it in and owch about your belly bar getting ripped out I could't imagin that which is why I am thinking about taking it out as if I keep catching it I don't doubt that it will eventually rip it.

Thank you for all your help, if I take it out (which I think I am going to) I will keep an eye on it and keep it clean and watch out for the gunk, that's a really good idea with the surgical grade plastic bars deffinatly worth giving it a go if it stays that way

Thanks again :)

i think our bods are so busy working on baby that they see our peircings as foreign objects again!! my lip ring has gone all manky and sore and i've had it with no problems for 10yrs!! (but my nipple bar is fine...? go figure?!!) keep it clean and maybe think about removing it and having it re-done after. eeks!!

That's true I didn't even think of it that way, that makes perfect sence actually.

That's really strange the way the body reacts to it on different body parts differently you would have thought it would have been all of them or none but I suppose that's pregnancy for you it likes to do things differently for us haha

Thanks for your advise that's probably the best option I think

Mine was the same i've had it 15 years and it started to irritate me so i swapped it for a maternity one but it started gunking up and being sore so after a few days i took that out as well :cry:. I think the hole is still open but i'm leaving well alone untill after the birth. My other piercings are fine though. :dohh:

I would just leave it out, i had mine done 12yrs ago and taken it out for all my pregnancies and it doesn't heal up, you don't want to get an infection from it x

Thanks everyone I've just taken it out as it's really sore and bright red today so I decided it's best to take it out

If my maternity bar comes soon and I can still get the bar in I will try that out for a few days and if not just leave it out, if I can't get it in I will sort it out after baby :)

Here's a pic of my belly button now then... my lovely indented button has now completely disappeared and is actually an outie instead of an innie most of the time. But the actual piercing - well you can see what's happened to it.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but there is no way anything is going through those two holes now. They're so tight and stretched, it just wouldn't happen!

Attachments

• P1030914.jpg
    P1030914.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 15
Here's a pic of my belly button now then... my lovely indented button has now completely disappeared and is actually an outie instead of an innie most of the time. But the actual piercing - well you can see what's happened to it.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but there is no way anything is going through those two holes now. They're so tight and stretched, it just wouldn't happen!

Oh god that looks soo sore, I can see what you mean to put something in there now looks like it would be so painful

Thank you for sharing your picture with me, I have now taken mine out as it was really sore earlier and after reading some stories I decided it was for the best as I didn't want to get an infection or anything

Thank you for all your help and advise it's been much appreciated and very helpful :flower:

Ha ha mine looks the same! the discoloration is just the melanin in our bodies making it darker like our nipples!! take it out but a warm camomile tea bag on 2 times a day to help clear it up then you can do the salt water regimin 3 times a day make sure it is see salt not table salt anly half a teaspoon for 8 ounces of water! do not put anymore salve on it because it keeps the oxygen from getting to the wound to heal it. if after a few days of this routine you can also add tee tree oil 1-2 times a day. it is an anticeptic. i would suggest not putting anything back in it for the remainder of your pregnancy it will just get inflamed again. after it has healed you can just put your ring in time to time to make sure it has not healed. this is what i do! hope this helps!

Ur best bet is a maternity bar, otherwise take it out if u leave it in you may get bad scaring and well than it makes it funner to re do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->