P.E kits question

DCS

Reaction score
Do they leave them at school? DS starts reception in a few weeks and he needs two types of p.e kit. Indoor and outdoor. If he is leaving his kit there i was going to get him a pair of cheapie t tainers for out door. Do you buy proper trainer or just cheapies? My logic was, if its staying at school and he is wearing for say an hour a week it doesn't make sense to buy expensive ones as they won't get much wear.

We have to do indoor and outdoor kits too and with that we have trainers for outdoors and plimsolls for in. I get my daughters trainers from shoe express, nice and cheap and the kit stays there x

My friends ds has his pe kit sent home every 6 weeks for a wash - otherwise it stays there. I've assumed it will be the same for dd when she starts in September, although we've only been asked for indoor plimsoles. Now I'm wondering what they will wear if they go outside :shrug:

Bens pe kit stays at school, it comes home every half term for washing. He wears plimsolls inside and outside. Although when I went to sports day he had his school shoes on!!

DS1 has an indoor and outdoor kit that stays in school. He also brings it home every half term. I just got him some trainers from Asda for about £8 and they lasted fine for the school year.

Lana keeps her kit at school and I get it back at half term to wash. She usually has shorts and t-shirt in until October holidays when I will give her joggers and a long sleeve top the switch back to shorts and t around April. It's just plimsolls they wear too. Sports day she doesn't wear her school kit as she goes in dressed for the day so whatever suits weather wise and proper trainers. Even if you do have to send in trainers I wouldn't buy a branded pair as they will be outgrown being hardly worn.

Oh good. I will just get him some cheapies then. Thanks. Glad it stays in school. One less thing for me to remember.

Never thought they might need outdoor kit as well:doh:

Will need to check with other mums when school starts.

We have outdoor kit but the school says it can be anything, doesn't have to be school uniform. DD has the proper school T shirt, blue shorts and plimsolls for indoor PE, then she has stripy leggings, and fleece top and cheap trainers for outdoor PE. It also comes home every half term for a wash (although DD isn't the most athletic so I doubt she breaks a sweat in it!).

In reception mine only had indoor PE kits-plimsoles, tshirt and shorts.
I think going into year 1 DD might need outdoor stuff but not sure.

Daisy has white school logo t-shirt, black shorts, black jogging bottoms and pumps. I make her bring it home to wash once every 2 weeks so it is all nice and fresh and folded for her to put on the next week and also to check that she still has all of it because as a reception teacher I know things end up in the wrong bag quite often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->