Packed lunch ideas.

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
My son starts school in September. He will be having packed lunch as he has quite a rigid diet but I am looking for new ideas or ways to hide foods so He eats something new without realising.

Every day for lunch He has a piece of plain bread, ham, cheese, yogurt and maybe either a banana or grapes if He is still hungry.

We hope He will be able to try cooked dinners at something point :)

I'm dreading packed lunch. I know for a fact my DD would rather starve than eat a school dinner. She is so fussy its ridiculous

Every day for lunch He has a piece of plain bread, ham, cheese, yogurt and maybe either a banana or grapes if He is still hungry.

We hope He will be able to try cooked dinners at something point :)

This sounds pretty much like what I pack my DD. She had to start daycare 3 days a week about a month ago because my mother (who watches her while I work) was sick. She was completely not used to eating sandwiches or cold food.

I send her some lunch meat rolled up, cheese, crackers, a vegetable and a banana. She's crazy about tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, so I alternate those as her vegetable. To drink, it's either a juice box or bottle of water. Mostly I send her one of those diluted juice box, the daycare only gives water with snacks.

I send a banana every day. They make a good telephone before you eat them. :haha:

Can you try hiding some veggie puree in the yogurt? There are some brands that already do this, like YoToddler. It has a fruit/veggie puree on the bottom of the yogurt cup to mix into the yogurt, so they get a bit of that with it.

You may find he is more willing to try new foods in the school cafiteria environment. At home my boy is an absolute night mare with new foods but at school he will down just about anything! Could just try adding in 1 new food in amongst the stuff you know he will eat each week if he is really fussy as it can take up to 14 tries of a new food to get used to the new taste and texture to decide if you really do like it. Mine always get a yogurt and a piece of fruit then the main part have things like humous, my boy will just have carrots and breadsticks or pitta bread to dip in but my girl with have cucumber too. Rice, chicken and sweetcorn. Pasta, tuna, grated carrot and corn. Either chicken, ham or cheese in either bread, wrap or pitta.

Thanks everyone :)

I will try the veg yogurt thing I'm sure I've seen similar things here.

I am hoping he will want to try more. His class has toast milk and fruit everyone day too :)

Toast aswel! Do you pay extra for that? Ours get milk if paid for and a piece of fruit when in infants. In Juniors you just stick a snack in their bag for them if they want one. No doubt my boys fruit will come back bashed up and uneaten and he will be moaning for crisp because so and so has them even thou 1 it is against school rules and 2 not a chance in hell he is eating crisp daily lol!

Yeah it's £1 a week for toast and milk and I can pay 25p a day for fruit or provide some for him x

Try vegetable frankies....it is healthy and nutritious and the best way to give the veggies to kids. Hope your kid will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->