Packed Lunch - Reception

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
For those of you with LOs starting school in September I'm just wondering what you're going to put in their lunchbox and how much? My DS hates fruit and veg, except bananas, and they're not allowed sweet stuff so Im stuck for ideas for every day!
Thanks.

Pasta, crackers or a sandwich?
Yogurt
Banana
Rice cakes/crisps
chicken/sausage bites
fruit jelly
cheese string/cubes

Just a few ideas xx

My son will have a ham or cheese sandwich or cold pasta with 2 of cucumber/carrot/yellow pepper/broccolli. Then fruit and a yogurt or jelly.

I'd probably just choose things you know he will eat. My LO has been having packed lunches at preschool so I know what works. I'd say that it's just important that he eats something at lunch time, rather than it being super healthy. It must be difficult with your LO not liking any fruit or veg apart from bananas though!

I totally remember you from years ago!

My son will have a ham or cheese sandwich or cold pasta with 2 of cucumber/carrot/yellow pepper/broccolli. Then fruit and a yogurt or jelly.

I'd probably just choose things you know he will eat. My LO has been having packed lunches at preschool so I know what works. I'd say that it's just important that he eats something at lunch time, rather than it being super healthy. It must be difficult with your LO not liking any fruit or veg apart from bananas though!

I totally remember you from years ago!

Thanks for ideas. :thumbup:
Yes it's me, still seeking advice for same old battles/problems. DS1 will eat some veg, if I'm there to encourage and reward, so at least at home I know he'll get the odd pea! :dohh: It's just at school, and I agree as long as he eats is the main thing. Thankfully DS2 will eat fruit and veg til it comes out of his ears, it's bread he won't eat... Kids!

perhaps if his friends at school eat some healthy things, he will want to try too? I'm expecting my son to not want to eat such a variety of things after a few weeks at school. Peer pressure and all that :dohh:

mine is now going into year 3 but generally lunch is a sandwich, some cucumber &/carrot sticks, a cheese like a babybel, one of the yogurt tubes (frubes) & a homemade cake/biscuit

I did reception last year. Daniel would have the following:

2 slices of bread put together with Philidelphia cheese and maybe some meat
2 or 3 pieces of fruit
Innocent smoothie drink
yoghurt
some kind of bar like the Geobar or mini jammie dodgers etc
cheese like a babybel

As he doesn't like fruit it does make it harder. Bread sticks might be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->