Pain after a blocked duct

jellybeanxx

TTC #4 since 12/2020
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help! My son is 3 weeks old and a couple of days ago I had a blocked duct on my left breast. I spent about a day feeding mostly off that side, pumping, hand expressing and massaging. I've managed to get it unblocked but now whenever I feed off that side it hurts like hell. It's like the pain of the initial latch but it lasts the whole feed. I asked a doctor at my surgery but she just said it's normal and I just have to push through it. I'm really struggling though, is there anything I can do to stop the pain? He's latching well and we're using the same positioning we used before without trouble. Any advice welcome!!

Hi twin!!!

how are you feeling? have you tried heat to ease the pain? I find it really really helps :thumbup:

xx

When I had a blocked duct, my neighbour who is a RN/midwife told me to use a heat pack just before feeding and while feeding to use a cold pack. I just filled a disposable nappy with water and put it in the freezer, best thing ever! Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->