Pain during urination after c-section?

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this? I had it very mildly while in the hospital, but figured it was my incision. It didn't hurt really badly because I was still on narcotics at that time.

I'm 5 days past surgery and I stopped the narcotic 2 days ago. I'm now taking Motrin. I'm intensely exhausted (from no sleep with new baby), have chills, and feel generally awful. I have no fever. But whenever I pee (TMI), it hurts REALLY badly and it feels like it's around my incision, but inside...like maybe my lower uterus or my bladder or something. I'm bleeding very lightly right now and it varies between lightly and not at all.

I was worried that maybe the catheter caused a UTI or something. Does anyone know what this is?

I had exactly this and it was a UTI caused by the catheter. Go and take a urine smell to your go. I am on antibiotics. Dont leave it as long as I did. My urine was full or blood and I was very ill! Xx

I had it, I don't think it was a uti as such, but a grazed urethra from the catheter. On the recommendation of my midwife I drank a bottle of cranberry juice every day, after 1 day I felt an improvement, after 3-4 days it was gone. But she did say if it was worse the next day after trying cranberry juice to get a urine sample in to the GP.

I had this also and it went away after, but I figured it had something to do with the removal of the catheter. I was literally hated when I had to go pee....

I had this! Was awful, i thought i had a uti & did a urine sample in the hospital but was just from the catheter. Hope u feel better soon. It lasted awile for me

It has mostly cleared up at this point. Definitely doesn't hurt nearly as badly as it did. I guess it was just the catheter.

Ive had this after all 3 of my CS's, what I do is hold a pillow firm over my scar when I pee and this helps. Its so uncomfortable isnt it :( but it will get better! Its just where the catheter has been and where they have cut your tummy muscles so you dont have the best tummy muscle control, so the pillow pressed firmly againt the scar helps support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->