Pain in lower back/top of bum when getting up

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi. Today I have been experiencing terrible pain when I get up from sitting down. It i at the top of my bum, near my coccyx but on either "cheek" iykwim . It really painful and I can't walk properly, but then its gone a couple of minutes after standing.

Obviously I'm only 8 weeks so it can't be extra bump weight or anything.

Any ideas what this could be?

I suffered with this with my last pregnancy I cannot for the life of me remember the name! Sorrry! but it is a real thing and quite common in pregnancy. xxxx I've had a few little pains already at just 4 weeks looks like ive got a long time coming with it haha

I have this! It can be so painful. I have physio on tues so will try and update you on what they say!

That pain is called your sciatica nerve. Which runs down your lower back, down your bum cheek, and your leg. It is quite common during pregnancy, and is verrry painful. Go see a chiropractor for regular adjustments. It will help dramatically! My first pregnancy I had horrible sciatica issues...with my 2nd baby I went to my chiropracotr and didn't have any issues at all!!

Got it...Pelvic Girdle pain!! If you google that loads of information will explain it. all the best xx

Hi. But already?? Is it not a bit early for this?

I copied this section: hopes this helps:

At what stage in pregnancy does PGP happen?
PGP can begin as early as the first trimester or as late as the last few days before giving birth. If the pain comes on at the very end of your pregnancy, it may be because your baby's head is engaging, or moving down into the pelvis. If this is the case, it is unusual to have pain after giving birth.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a564618/pelvic-girdle-pain-pgp#ixzz2kkjBrU5o

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I got the same feeling a lot this week. So you're not the only one that's getting it this early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->