Pain in Urethra

carriecinaz

Ella's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had this and can give me advice. I have pain in my urethra but it's not a UTI. I gave birth vaginally 10 days ago and the pain just started about 3 days ago. Went to Dr yesterday they ran a test no UTI. She checked me and said I didn't tear up there and said give it some time. It hurts really bad toward the end of a pee and sometimes when I have been sitting and I stand up it's like someone is pulling on it. The pain is more like a pulling sensation rather than a burning one. Also hurts to touch it when I wipe after a pee and to sit certain ways.

Has anyone had this problem?

I had this too,it was sooooo painful for about a month after having Saffron,it felt like it was swollen :(
It did ease with time though hun
HTH
xx xx

No prob hun,ohhhh a tip i just remembered,sounds weird but wee in a jug of warm water,does seem to ease it a bit,or pour warm water down there as you wee (never got the hang of that one!)LOL
Hope it eases up soon for you hun
xx xx

Did you by any chance have a catheter when giving birth? I had an epidural so needed a catheter and I've had the feeling of that I really need to push my pee out since.
I asked the midwife what this could be and she said that if I had a catheter in, it could just be that the Urethra is a bit swollen and bruised but it'll clear up soon enough.
I hope so because it's annoying, peeing used to only be a 2 minute job, now I'm sat trying to push it all out for a good 5-10 minutes lol.

xxx

I had quite bad tears and had stitches which are healing well, but I get a pain 'up there' from time to time. It's like a 'stingy' pain, and I know it's not a UTI as it's not when I pee. Could be when I get up from sitting down, or if done some walking, or if I don't sit down correctly when sat on the loo. It can make me just wince up it's horrible. I also seem to 'aggravate' it when in the shower and cleaning myself down there. I don't use any soap/shower gel down below yet, just water. Having just read the suggestion of a catheter, I am wondering if that caused it, maybe it bruised or grazed it, as I had one in when I was being stitched up.

Same here - Mine hurt for about 6/7 weeks. I had an epi and catheter and forcep delivery with 2nd degree tears. It still feels like that occasionally - like if I don't pee when I need to and leave it a while then it will feel like that again. Or when exercising - if i jump a lot it can feel like that and I'm 15weeks pp now.
Joys of having a baby!

I'm glad other people have had the same thing. The pulling sensation is exactly the way to describe it!

Thanks everyone!!! Yes I did have an epi with a cath so I'm sure that didn't help. I went back to the Dr and she said yes you do have a UTI, but I have 1 more pill of the antibiotic to take and the pulling pain is still there so it has to be from the labor itself but it IS slowly getting better :D

Im so glad someone has posted this, i was getting worried but i had to have a catheter in, not sure why i had forceps delivery :wacko: but i remember them saying they were emptying my bladder
guess ill have to just hang on and wait for it to heal :-(

Ive got this too :( was getting worried as midwife didn't seem to have any ideas x x

Hi girls,

Just wanted to give an update that the pain I was having is now completely gone. It went away right around 7 weeks postpartum.

How are you all feeling, anyone else doing better?

Thanks for the update and glad the feeling went away!! I'm convinced my urethra is bruised from having a catheter, but it seems to be getting at least a bit better... It feels numbly swollen when I sit in certain positions, almost like there's something hard stuck in there... :dohh: Fortunately it hasn't been a huge deal for me, just an extra discomfort!

It's just the grazes that are doing my head in and don't seem to be healing!! :hissy::dohh:

xx

JUst wanted to respond to this as I had the same issue for a long time after delivery. Mine was mild, it was more a discomfort than a pain, but it felt like a swelling or pulling feeling, and I went to the doctors three or four times with it, and they just had no clue and looked at me like I was neurotic! I had forceps and a catheter too. My LO is now almost 7 months and I would say that it was not until she turned 6 months that my urethra felt normal again. I was really stressed about it as I was sure that it could not be anything to do with giving birth if I still had it at 6 months, but I believe that my urethra was damaged by the catheter and it just took a long time to totally heal. I am sure yours will be back to normal long before mine was, but just wanted to let you know not to be alarmed if it niggles on for some time.

Oh, and congrats on your LO!

Sorry that you ladies are/have suffered with this, but on the other hand THANKYOU!!!!! I am not going crazy and I am not alone! The Midwives or Consultants did not have a clue what I was on about when I was telling them about the pain I was having, I was beginning to think I was imagining it! Nice to know it will go eventually, it really is awful.

For those of you still suffering, I sympathise and hope you feel better soon xx

I'm now 8 weeks pp and mine is feeling better too :) x x

I could have written this thread myself - dates and all - I'm exactly the same!

Me too, a bit - I had a catheter put in about 4 or 5 times during labour. It cleared up around the 6 week mark : )

I have this & I’m 16 weeks PP. I’m so worried it won’t get better & I keep googling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->