• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain like someone's elbowed me in the boob?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I woke up during the night because my left boob was hurting really badly. I thought maybe I had slept in a funny position and hurt it so I rolled around a bit trying to get comfy. Must have fallen asleep again and it's now the following day. It hurts to touch but isn't throbbing like it was at night. Feels like someone slammed their elbow into me.

What could this be?

I don't feel any unusual lumps or bumps.

Could be the onset of mastitis, I had it a couple of times when no lump was present. Keep an eye on it, if the pain gets worse or you start feeling sick then go see a doctor. Otherwise keep feeding normally and hopefully you did just sleep on it funny and the pain subsides quickly.

Thanks! Emma is happy to oblige with frequent feeding. Still hurts but I feel fine.

When I woke up last night it was extremely sore, felt like frost bite almost but deep in the boob. Like all the blood had been cut off then come rushing back - hard to describe. The pain is fairly deep in the tissue when I probe for it.

I have this too, but I think it is a blocked duct? How are you feeling now? Did it resolve?

I'm getting over my second round of mastitis in two months and my left boob feels like it still has blocked ducts. Ugh.

I've had this a couple of times. I never got mastitis as I would massage the hurt area, have DS nurse that side first, and then express on that side really well afterwards.

I hope it clears up soon for you!

I had the same thing a few weeks ago.
I think it was a blocked duct.
I massaged the area a lot and put heat on it as well.
It took a few days but the clog seem to resolve itself.

Hope it resolved itself for you already! But just in case it hasn't... it sounds like a plugged duct (as some others have said). A few things you can do:

Massage the area
Apply heat
dangle feed (you go on all fours with baby under you)
put baby's chin toward the hurt area
vibration on the hurt area (vibrating toothbrush?)

I had one that lasted 3 days when I had my daughter... the only thing that finally got rid of it was a vibrating powertool that my husband put up against it. It broke up the clog.

Hope yours works out for you and that it doesn't turn into Mastitis! :hugs:

Thanks is much everyone!

The pain has mostly gone, but if that breast gets engorged it comes back and it's so sore that even touching the skin hurts...as soon as I feed her then it goes almost totally away. It's very strange! It's always there, but if the breast has been fed from then I don't feel it so much.

I'll take my electric toothbrush into the shower so I can get the heat and vibration going (this would sound so dodgy if taken out of context haha).

I'll take my electric toothbrush into the shower so I can get the heat and vibration going (this would sound so dodgy if taken out of context haha).

:rofl:

Hope it works out for you! FX you dodge mastitis! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->