Pain when breastfeeding 5 day old

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Ok so I actually cant even remember how long the pain is meant to last but for the past 2/3 days when lo first latches on it stings and hurts so much for about 20 seconds then the pain slows down and is bearable. It takes me a good few minutes to put her on my breast as im so scared of the pain that im going to have!
My nipples are sore all day long, sometimes I will forget the pain when im busy but then when I pick my son up he will knock my boob and it becomes painful and sore again!
Ive been using the lansinoh (sp?) Cream after every feed and using tommee tippee breast pads.
Just want to know if this pain is normal and if so how long should/does it last?
I dont think she has an incorrect latch when she feeds. She is also fed on demand so it is roughly feedings every 2 or so hours (3hours at night) on both breasts for about anything from 15-30minutes altogether.

I know that some people say bf doesn't hurt, but I think it does, especially at the beginning. I'd say the latch is correct if after 30secs or so it becomes bareable, then after that you shouldn't really notice anything other than maybe a gentle tugging sensation. So, yes I'd say the pain you're feeling is normal.

It does and will get better though, and quite quickly in my experience. After two weeks I'd say things improve alot. Now at 8 weeks I don't bother with Lansinoh and I don't need to use breastpads anymore either. Some days my nipples can be sore when I'm drying after showering or it feels like my bra is really rough against them, but that's only occasionally and bf itself isn't sore.

Hopefully things will improve for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->