Pain when I move suddenly or turn over?

MsRipple

Reaction score
Since 11dpo I've had about 10 instances where I changed positions (e.g., rolled over in bed or stood up) and felt a sharp pull (not exactly a pain) on the right side of my abdomen. The pull lasts only for a few seconds and is somewhat painful during those few seconds. I've never felt it any other time.

I'm currently 6w6d. I am not worried about ectopic as an ultrasound at 5w confirmed an intrauterine pregnancy. I go back for an ultrasound at 7w on Thursday.

Has anyone else had this? What is it? Is it a cause for concern?

Look up round ligament pain. That's exactly what you're experiencing. Many sources says you won't feel it until second tri, but I ALWAYS get this as a first trimester symptom, even with my first baby.

It is a symptom of pregnancy and VERY normal. Not anything to worry about. All it means is that your uterus is growing. When your uterus has a "growth spurt", you'll feel a lot more of this. It will come and go throughout the entire pregnancy. The ligaments that surround our uterus go pretty much where a bikini goes in front - along the sides of our pelvis, up to where our belly buttons are (but on the side, not in the middle), across the bottom of where your bump will be. Sometimes, we'll also feel this as a stabbing pain in the vagina.

Drink extra water when this happens as it's said to help. Of course, if you're worried, I ALWAYS recommend contacting your practitioner. It's never worth taking a chance. :)

Just wanted to let you know that I've experienced that, too. Not all too often, but just as you described. I actually felt it on my left side for the first time last night.

I've had this in both my pregnancies and from early on too. As far as I'm aware it's round ligament pain. It stopped once I'd had my first baby although every once in a while I'd get the same pain when turning over.

Sarah xxx

Turning in bed, getting up too quickly from sitting position or off the floor and sneezing! All get me. Since 6 weeks or so an still jump in every now and again catching me off guard at 10wks.

Thanks ladies. I had thought round ligament pain as well, but it seemed way to early. I'll mention it to my dr when I go in for my scan this week.

Nah, not too early. In fact, round ligament was my first symptom this pregnancy, and it started before 4 weeks along with my first pregnancy, too. :) I don't know why it's almost always listed as a second trimester symptom. I've always gotten it in VERY early first tri!

This was my first pregnancy symptom each time. Completely normal in the early days.

It was my first sign too. Oh the coughing, it hurt so bad!

I've had this all the way through so far. Sometimes it's bad enough to stop me in my tracks. Usually after getting up from sitting down, sneezing or rolling over in bed! It worried me at first but my midwife reassured me it's just muscle/ligament pain and now I wait for it to pass and carry on! :)

I'm glad it's normal. I keep thinking, "oh, sh*t. Did I just dislodge something."

I was just going to get on and post about this. Mine is very low on my belly like under the bump. It's worse at night and morning but it goes away when I'm up walking around. My drs appt is on Friday so I'm hoping that's they say it's normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->