Painful Braxton hicks in front and back??

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Anyone else have trouble getting on here the past 4 days. I kept getting a server error come up was so annoying.

Anyway I started getting BH from 20 weeks.
I have ICP (cholestasis of pregnancy) was diognosed very early at just 17 weeks and put on a medication called Ursodeoxycholic Acid.

It helped with the itching and brought my bile acid levels down from a 20 to a 16.

I've been noticing the Braxton hicks contractions becoming more and more intence and on friday evening I was in quite a fair bit of pain where I cudnt walk and had to breath through them.
I also had a return of the dreadful itch.
I have been itch free since started the Urso medication. But it just suddenly flared up again.

Anyway to cut a long story short.
I rang the hospital and they told me my bile acid levels had gone up from a 16 to a 26 and that I shud go into be monitored and have more bloods taken. (Bile acid and liver function)

Yesterday I was having bad painful Braxton hicks contractions that was just under my belly button and I also had back pain that came and went which I have never experienced b4.
I have had back ache but this back ache came on and off with the contractions. I also had a weird dragging down painful Sensation in the cervix area.

I took some pain meds and it all fizzled out and I've been ok today.

My itching is getting worse by the day tho so I'm so scarred my bile acid levels are going up even more.

I have to go back to hospital on Friday to he moniterd and have my bile acid levels done again. Then next week on 6th of August I have my growth scan and then I see my high risk pregnancy consultant.

At my last appointment with her at 26 weeks she said I will be induced no later than 37 weeks providing my bile acid levels do not rise ' if so then it will be earlier.

Well my bile acid levels are rising and the itching is getting so bad again. So looks like I'll have to be induced sooner.

I've kind of got a gut feeling I will go into labour on my own tho esp with all these very strong painful Braxton hicks and back contractions.

I'm 29 weeks and I never got pains this bad until so much later with my others.
Just praying I can get past 35 weeks. It's so scary. [-o<

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon and the hospital can keep checking you and bubs are doing ok I too hate BH, I’ve been told I’ve got an irritable uterus and I’ve been getting them since before 20 weeks aswell, they’ve got sooo intense now at 37 weeks where my stomach will go rock hard and make contortionist shapes and I’m certain it’s an alien in there lol. I’m hoping it’s good practice so the real thing won’t be as bad... but who am I kidding real thing is gonna be dreadful lol. We go through it all don’t we while the men just sit back! I hope you’re feeling ok hun and hang on tight, sure little one will be just fine, the good thing is you’re under good care. Sending love! Xx

It’s nice and reassuring at the extra growth scans that all is well too xx

Haha so funny even tho it hurts the shapes ure belly goes into is just crazy. Mine sometimes goes square when I'm having one hahaha.
I'm wondering if I have a irritated uterus.
Something is definitely going on. Either that or its just painful Braxton hicks preparing me for the real thing.

I've never felt Braxton hicks contractions in my back tho. That's all new to me.
Really hope I can get as close to my induction date as possible.
Yeah men get it well easy and there supposed to be the stronger sex ha.
They only have to have a mild cold and there dieing hahahaha.

Not long for you now hon.
I hate it that I have to have another premature baby but I'm just hoping he hangs out in there for at the very least another 6 weeks.
Just as long as he is healthy that's all I care about.

I'm glad I'm being monitored closely to hon. I think they will want to Moniter me at least once or twice a week now.

Good job I live walking distance from the hospital Haha. I'm gonna be spending so much time there in the next few weeks.

Be interesting to see what my high risk pregnancy consultant has to say on the 6th.
Dont think she will be happy about the bile acid levels rising. But I cant help it. I've been taking the medication I've not missed any.

I was always told that in the 3rd trimester they are likely gonna rise again but deep down I was so hoping they wudnt.
Never mind.
:-(

Your levels are back up again?! Ugh I’m sorry hun, I hope they come back down again :hugs: as for the BH, mine are way more intense, painful and more frequent the past few weeks. Drink as much water as you can handle and rest whenever you can. Keep that baby boy in as long as possible! Always thinking of you :flower:

Your levels are back up again?! Ugh I’m sorry hun, I hope they come back down again :hugs: as for the BH, mine are way more intense, painful and more frequent the past few weeks. Drink as much water as you can handle and rest whenever you can. Keep that baby boy in as long as possible! Always thinking of you :flower:

Awwww thank you sweety will do.
How are you doing hon. ❤

Oh I’m surviving :rofl: not much longer to go though so I’m focusing on that! Having a sweep on the 14th and hoping I don’t have much of a wait after that. Her movements now are rather painful, my poor body just feels done lol

Oh I’m surviving :rofl: not much longer to go though so I’m focusing on that! Having a sweep on the 14th and hoping I don’t have much of a wait after that. Her movements now are rather painful, my poor body just feels done lol

Awww hon. I always get like that when I hit the 35 week mark. Those last few weeks are definitely the hardest.
I guess I shud be thankful and not disappointed about being induced early.
Because I know how hard them last 4 or 5 weeks are. You just huge and tired and sore and fed up.
Hopefully the sweep will do something hon.
Some womon swear by those.
I have another 7 and a half weeks to go max. That's if they allow me to go to 37 weeks.
Will just have to see what my bile acid levels are doing and see what my high risk pregnancy consultant says.
Just hoping I can get past 35 weeks. I'm terrified he will come b4 then.
I know he has a really good chance of surviving now. I think its 90% but it still scares the crap out of me.
Just willing the next few weeks away.

Spoke with a nurse today about the painful Braxton hicks and she was a little concerned but said it cud be nothing or it something cud be going on and my body may be trying to get ready.
That's the thing with ICP ure at such a high risk of going into pre term labour.
Theres also a risk of stillbirth and I'm so scared but I'm just parying be will be born as healthy as can be. [-o<

He is still moving alot and his kicks are so strong they can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable. Sometimes I feel like a punching bag Haha. But love feeling him move.

Only had about 4 Braxton hicks contractions today. And they weren't painful just a bit uncomfortable. The nurse did say I may have a irritated uterus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->