Painful cramps after eating dodgy food

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
I know these cramps are related to me eating dodgy food yesterday as ive experienced this pain before after eating something dodgy.
My stomach has been painful on and off last night and today and TMI I have been having really foul smelling stools.
Could it be harmful to my baby? I dont think I have a fever and my vomiting is just the same as I have been doing past week or so

I don't think so but is it worth giving your midwife/gp a call just to get some advice from them? x

I looked this up cos I had a similar issue not long ago. They said to make sure you keep well hydrated and not to take any medication that isn't 'safe'.

They said if it lasts for more than 48 hours to go to your doctor because you might need help or hydration through a drip.

Thanks for the replies. I can still drink water and such I have no symptoms apart from the cramping which comes and go but is the most painful when I need to go to the toilet. I will keep an eye on it today and hopefully it will get better. Just worried incase it can harm the baby

I think the only thing that could harm the baby is if you were to become dehydrated so if your drinking lots thats great. I'm not expert though.

There no harm ringing your GP for a phonecall to discuss it or NHS direct or something.

I think you should be okay but give your midwife a call just in case, cramping won't affect your baby at all, I suffer from IBS so I constantly have cramps and dodgy stools, It's not nice at all. Drink lots of water and rest, water is the best thing for cramps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->