Painful dry nursing and determined toddler.

Celesse

Reaction score
If I hear "Mama, me like a booboob" one more time I swear my head is gonna turn 360 degrees and steam will come out of my ears.

My milk is gone, or almost gone. When I squeeze I get nothing, or clear stuff, or occasionally really thick yellow milk. And my nipples are red raw and skin is falling off....and yet my darling 2 year old son insists on having "booboob" several times a day and would quite like to sleep with it in his mouth all night long.

No nursing agitation yet, just sore sore empty boobies!

Poor you!

Can you distract him with something so he forgets about it every time he asks? I used the iPad, books, Peppa pig, my husband and on occasion sweet treats to distract my LO and eventually she decided other things were much more fun than nursing.

Wish I had a I answer! I'd like my 2 year old to wean now!

It's quite unusual to dry up when your LO is still so into nursing. Is there any chance you could be pregnant?

Ok, lol, I just saw your ticker, you are pregnant and nursing! I know it can be really tough. Are you trying to wean your LO or are you hoping to carry on?

I'll follow his lead when it comes to weaning. I've tandem nursed before and it would be nice to give him as long on the boobs as DD did and get to 3 yrs. Its clearly important to him if he's still nursing without getting any "reward" for it. Would be better if it wasn't every time he gets a bit bored, or tired, or falls over, or has a fight with DD....ect ect.

I'll follow his lead when it comes to weaning. I've tandem nursed before and it would be nice to give him as long on the boobs as DD did and get to 3 yrs. Its clearly important to him if he's still nursing without getting any "reward" for it. Would be better if it wasn't every time he gets a bit bored, or tired, or falls over, or has a fight with DD....ect ect.

Well done for being so determined. I'm hoping I might get to do tandem nursing myself some day. I have read that feeding while pregnant can be really hard at times though.

My LO is only 8 months but she also feeds for any excuse. I have always believed in letting the baby take the lead but I am starting to encourage her to go longer between feeds because I was starting to find multiple feeds an hour a bit wearing. I've been thinking about setting a minimum amount of time between feeds but maybe I will leave that for a couple of months time. So far I just use gentle distraction and still let her feed if she really wants to. I find giving her to someone else for a while helps because she often forgets about it for a while if she is not to close to 'the source'!. I hope you manage to find a balance that keeps you both happy. Let us know how you get on. I love to read about the experiences you ladies have with tandem nursing and nursing while pregnant.

I remember it well! :D

I found being as active as possible helped. A busy day out and about, or baking/making things meant Alice didn't think of it as often. Sitting down and looking comfortable is guaranteed to get a milk request!

Consider setting limits you can handle. If you let him know you're too sore right now, but he can have it at XXX time, it might help. Personally, I couldn't cope with night feeding after the first few months, so I night weaned.

On a purely practical note, you probably already know this, but drink drink drink! The difference being well hydrated makes is immense.

Good luck!

Sitting down and looking comfortable is guaranteed to get a milk request!

So true! As soon as I sit down at the pc he wanders over climbs up, tries to pop his hand down my top and tells me "me like a booboob".

OH managed to pursued him to sleep in his own bed the last couple of nights (I love the extra help of weekend nights when he doesn't have to be fresh for work!), so hopefully that will last and my boobs can have a rest.

I could have written this!

Dd still nurses all day and at night too and I am pretty sure there is nothing/not much coming out but she seems to be ok with that. Like you, anytime I sit down she comes running!

My nipples were VERY sore for the first trimester. It felt like needles being punched through them when she nursed it sometimes made me cry. Then I got a bit of nursing aversion for a few weeks on top of that.

I was determined to let her self-wean. (Like you I was thinking it must be something pretty important because she always seems so adamant about it, even though I am sure there is not much there!).

Things have gotten much better in the last few weeks. The aversion went away and my nipples aren't sore anymore.

For the first time EVER OH started to put her to sleep on the couch and brings her to bed (she has nursed to sleep since she was born) and then when she wakes up in the night to nurse I try to distract her. I even got a pacifier for her, even though she has never, ever had one in her life, just so I could get a break! (It didn't work, lol)

When they were really bad I would tell her "Boobies are tired" and that she could get some in x amount of minutes (and I would always let her nurse after the time). She was upset at first but eventually got it. Now she asks if my boobies are ok before asking for them.

If you want to stop now and then nurse after lo is born I know I have read about women who had toddlers that quit nursing while the mom was pregnant and then started after the lo was born.

Good luck! :)

This is my son and I right now!
I'm dried up, completely, I can feel it. I have tried manually expressing on several occasions and NOTHING. I definitely know he is comfort nursing.
We thankfully only nurse to sleep now (he's 28 months old), but on some days, he will ask to nurse during the day and I say that the boo-boosh only come out at night for sleeping, and he got a hang of that one pretty quick. I am having pretty uncomfortable uterine contractions (a pulling sensation) when he's dry nursing for too long so I am trying to night wean, but he's not having it. The best I have been able to do is tell him "ok, all done, time to go to sleep" and start rubbing his back and cuddle with him until he knocks out (we co-sleep), but again, sometimes that doesn't work. If he wakes in the night (still does) he will ask for boo-boosh and thankfully, that's a very short nursing session. Either way, night time is our only nursing time and I would like to stop because it's just so completely uncomfortable, but haven't been able to do it yet because my son is addicted to the boob.

Brieanna that is sooo cute! I can just imagine my LO asking 'oo boo tired?' !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->