Painful feet?

yoshy

Jesse's mum and TTC #2
Reaction score
I'm 35+5 today and for the lady week or so I've had excruciating pain in both feet.
It's like I've got sprains in all my toe joints and in the balls of my feet.

The last few nights the pain has been so bad it stopped me from sleeping.
And I'm getting it all day as well so it's interfering with my everyday life to!

Anyone else had anything like this?

I just want this kid to be born already but I don't want to try any natural induction techniques before I'm full term!

Oh, and my blood pressure is fine and my hands and feet and face aren't actually swollen, so pre-e can be ruled out, thank goodness.
I just want to not be in pain!!!

Seriously? No one else experiencing this?

Seriously? No one else experiencing this?

Hi Yoshy, I am too. I'm 31+1 today and started to get pains in my feet, especially my heels. i think its just the extra weight causing it.

I have got swollen feet and ankles too - not pre-e just bad water retention which doesn't help.

This is my 2nd pregnancy, 1st was 7 years ago! and completely different even though they are both girls.

First time I wouldnt even tell I was pregnant, this time I am struggling!!

Massaging helps, my OH massages my feet nearly every night and it helps.
x

When I was still working my feet were so sore and swollen. I started to drink more water. At the end of each day I iced them, and it felt soooo good. Since I have been off work, the pain is gone, but my heels are gross and dry. Went for a pedicure and she said it was the way we walk to adjust for the extra weight.

The insides of my ankles hurt pretty bad, they feel like they are bruised. My achilles tendon is also sore. I have low blood pressure but I do have swelling from my knees down. I start maternity leave after next Friday so I'm hoping that helps.

Thanks Girls.
It helps to know I'm not the only one.

I went for a foot massage treatment yesterday and I think it helped a bit. He also put this tape on one of my feet to help.

Today my feet feel a bit better, although I've had bad cramps all day in my calves (yet another joy of pregnancy, right?)

I had originally been worried about getting a foot massage before I'm full term, but I asked my dad, who's a doctor, and he said it should be fine, especially if it's just the soles of my feet, which it is.

I'm going to ask DH to start giving me a short foot massage before we go to bed every night, I think... hopefully it'll help somewhat...

I had horrendous foot pain last time and this time. Actually, one foot went numb and the sensation never returned except for electric shock pain. Nothing makes it better except for my husband rubbing them. Now its so bad its radiating up my legs. It's driving me insane!!!!!! :cry:

yeah I've been having horrible pain in my feet since 24 weeks! i thought it wouldn't come until later but i am a bartender and on my feet for really long shifts. only thing that helps is OH rubbing my feet at night! i also bought one of those warm massaging foot baths which helps a little too. otherwise I've just been dealing with it but it really is horrible!! :hugs:

I'm the same on baby #3 and was just as bad as baby #2. I've broken bones in both feet multiple times (I work with horses) so it seems even worse. This time around since about 35 weeks my heels are the worst. It's just the extra weight and fluid (no pre-e, a little swollen). Icing/cooling them periodically and always wearing really supportive shoes like running shoes or work/hiking boots has made an enormous difference. To the point that I cannot even make it halfway through the day barefoot or in sandals!

So I actually wore my most comfy sandals today - platform-ish crocs sandals, and felt so much better for wearing them. I'm not keen on wearing them because they're higher than I'm happy with, but on the other hand, if they stop me from being in agony all day, it's worth it, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->