Painful intercourse!? Endometriosis?!

teekay22

Reaction score
I am 19 years of age and have a 20 month old daughter... For as long as I can remember I've had occasional pain during intercourse only when it's deep penetration. It's a very sharp pain in my lower left abdomen.. More recently (last 6 months) the pain has become more intense when having sex and i feel the pain in my lower left back also and aches on and off the next day, i also have a similar pain when I poo when I have my period?? I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 years ago, and was treated with methotrexate. The pain is similar to the pain I experienced then, but less intense. It is IMPOSSIBLE that I am pregnant by the way.... Could this mean endometriosis ?

Not necessarily. I had that pain when I had an ovarian cyst. It was terrible, sex was the worst. They are fairly common and alot of women don't even realize that they have them. Mine was large, though, so I had symptoms. If you are concerned I recommend contacting your GP and asking for an ultrasound just to check for something serious. It could also be that your partner is just very well endowed. The only way to know for sure if it is endo is by getting an ultrasound. Good luck.

I don't believe there is any way to know for sure if it's endo- without surgery. Least that is what we were told when I took my teenager in to get checked. They think she has endo- and put her on the pill to see if that helped with her pains, which it did- so they believe that is what it is. But again, no way to know for certain. Her pains were not at all like you described though- they were more like cramps, and usually worse right before and during her period- but also at other times randomly too. And they could be on one side or the other- as it can be with endo.

It sounds more like a cyst to me- but I'm certainly NO expert. I would just make an appt to get checked hun. Mostly likely nothing major and all will be just fine. Cysts are very common- just some tend to stick around and not go away. I get little ones from time to time- and the pain associated is more centrally located and very sharp. And yes, if I got one and had sex it would be painful! But I rarely get them and they dispurse ok on their own- but my best friend has them on her ovaries and they are always there. Although they rarely cause her much grief- it just depends on size and location.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->