painful movement and pressure in cervix area at 29 weeks

twiggy327

Reaction score
29 weeks and 2 days pregnant. For the last week or so ive felt the majority of my baby's movements way down in my pelvic area and it can get quite painful. I can feel the movements pushing into my bottom and cervix. I even have the temptation sometimes to go to the bathroom and check if there is an arm or foot hanging out lol Does this mean my baby has "dropped"? If hes hanging out down there already, does this mean ill go into labor earlier than my due date?? Any opinions would be great!

I feel the same way right now, but no I don't think it is any indication that the baby will be born early as it is normal for FTM to have a head down and engaged baby early on and after first pregnancies they can engage and pop back out anytime up until labor. It's a bit uncomfortable though isn't it?

Oh yea!! I was in a mtg at work on Friday and jumped out my chair and scared the crap out of everyone!! LOL I couldn't help myself

I've had that sensation and few times. I would definitely mention it to the doctor. Mine decided to do a TV U/S just to make sure everything was closed up tight (which it was), but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->