• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

painful tongue flicking while bf

swampmaiden

Reaction score
Pretty much as title says... Baby learned how to flick her tongue in such a way when she's frustrated with my flow that's it's painful. My nipples are getting sore from bf after being just fine since the second week. How can I nip this behavior in the bud before it gets to be a bad habit?

I don't know if it's the same thing, but my LO does this and it happens when her latch isn't right. I have a very fast let down and she will sometimes partly pull off then when she attaches again she does the tongue flicking. I find I have to take her off then latch her again. She's rather prone to a lady latch, she will suck my nipple in rather than opening her mouth properly to latch on if I let her!

Thanks! I think you were totally right, it was a latch issue. Amazing how many things stem from that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->