Panic attacks in pregnancy!

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
I've never suffered with panic attacks until recently, a few weeks ago I started taking them but it was mild and I managed to keep myself calm and it passed quickly, however last night I had 2 within an hour and it felt like I was going to die, felt like I couldn't breathe, heart was racing and it was the most horrible thing ever! I know this can't be good for baby so how can I deal with it? I'd rather not take medication but have no idea were to start with stopping it all together, can't speak to my OH about wanting help as he just giggled when I started taking an attack, don't think he thought I was being serious but just don't feel I can talk to him about it now :/

Anyone been in a similar position and can give me advice?

you can take kalms they are herbal just check with chemist, they only work if you keep them up, but make sure you mention it to your gp and midwife, worth them checking doing a scan on your liver etc, rule out any gallbladder stones they can cause attacks, my very first one was miss diagnosed for a panic attack.

the best tools I have found for panic attacks are breathing and tapping. breath in for the count of 7, and out for the count of 11 slowly., at the same time as repeatedly tapping your forehead. it passes quickley. I know it isnt nice but they wont harm your baby, just try to remember its just a panic attack and it will be gone within minutes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->