Panic Attacks- who to speak to??

dreamer_88

Two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Iv been having panic attacks lately - i know why and what triggers them but dont really wanna say on here just incase. who do i speak to? My health Visitor? The family worker at my kids nursery?? I know most people will say doctor but iv been too often lately haha xx

You can speak to your HV although they'll probably just tell you to go to your GP as they're the only ones who can medicate you or refer you somewhere that can help (depending what your triggers are). My friend suffers with them really bad and knows what sets them off and she's going for CBT for it x

Think itl have to be my gp then ........ I dont have them that often i just need to know how to deal with them :) thanks for your help xxx

Its ok :) I hope it gets better soon I suffered with them every single day growing up and through my pregnancy - They're horrid :hugs: xx

I know, mine are more when i see a specific person which is unavoidable, its a reeeeeaaaalllly long story so wont bore u with it haha xx

I'm sorry you're going through that! I used to have panic attacks as a kid -- and still do have a major one about once or twice a year, but what I try to do when I'm having one is just breathe. Luckily my DH is usually around to calm me down. My mum used to make me stare at a blank wall and breathe deeply for about five minutes until I calmed down. Hopefully talking to someone will help! xx

I have anxiety attacks I'm currently undergoing cognitive behavioural therapy so yes it's best to go to your GP x hope I helped

Thanks, havent had one for a while, but then again havent been put in the situation that causes it :) Thanks for your help if i get anymore ill go see my gp :)

Just thought id drop by and say that the chances of the panic attack returning is are pretty high...once you get them...random triggers may start setting you off.

Thats what happened to me 2 months ago before I had my second baby...It made me absolutely crazy and I couldnt live that way,I called 911 5 different times because of the attacks and they found me a primary care doctor since my doctor I went to while pregnant couldnt really help much with that...so no im on 2 different medications and I havent had a single episode yet or the daily fear/anxiety and it feels amazing:cloud9::cloud9:

Hope they dont become common for you,and if they do...get help immediately..dont wait for it to go away because it may come back and you dont wannt suffer in your everyday life:nope:

Best wishes to you:flower:

Hi Hun

I know this post is a good few weeks back....i have 2 children and not long after the first i started to have bad panic attacks. I suffer with health anxiety and at times it can be very intense.
I have tried Citalopram and Sertraline and have just been prescribed Prozac as the other 2 medications were not good for me.

The best thing to do is discuss this with your GP, i once discussed with my HV and she suggested GP is the best way to go.

I am also signed up to a website that is all about anxiety and panic issues, i have had many times of help through that...look up no more panic

I hope your feeling better

xxx

Hi Hun

I know this post is a good few weeks back....i have 2 children and not long after the first i started to have bad panic attacks. I suffer with health anxiety and at times it can be very intense.
I have tried Citalopram and Sertraline and have just been prescribed Prozac as the other 2 medications were not good for me.

The best thing to do is discuss this with your GP, i once discussed with my HV and she suggested GP is the best way to go.

I am also signed up to a website that is all about anxiety and panic issues, i have had many times of help through that...look up no more panic

I hope your feeling better

xxx

I use this site too, it's good. I also have major health anxiety and obsessive worries about other things. Your GP is the best person to start with, they can refer you on to CBT. Good luck!

sorry your going through this..... i also suffer panic attacks and have done since i was 15, the NHS website has somegood self help tips....the best one for me is simply dont try and fight an attack, but just let it take its course and keep telling yourself it will be over soon. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->