Paranormal activity

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this movie??

I have just watched it on the lap top and thought it was AWESOME... good suspense build up and scary enough to be freaky. But also believable i thought.

Any other thoughts out there??

I watched it on Sat and I was sooo scared! and I thought it was real until I looked it up on the net :dohh: wish I knew that I would have had a better night sleep LOL!

I know what you mean.. I had to check on the net just now to see if it was real fottage or not.

I watched Blair witch as soon as it was released, ehrn the publicity campaign claimed it was real footage...so I watched it thinking we were watching true events....scared the bajesus out of me...couldn's sleep for ages and also couldn;t go camping for an age...even after I found out it was fake!!!! what a wuss I am!

I thought it was a brilliant film! I saw it with OH shortly after it came out, so we had to travel to see it, and we were both scared stiff! Highly suspenseful, and it looked so real as to make me sleep with my closet door open and the light on that night.

i find that its been getting very mixed reports, usually one extreme or the other!! i gotta say though i was seriously freaked out by it!!! and im a serious horror junkie! especially the bit when she was dragged down the hall! *shudder*

I thought it was crap :shrug:

LOL. I was not very scared by it.

i havent seen it yet. im torn between people saying its awesome and people saying its crap and not scary. Though the trailor i watched on the net made me jump a billion feet in the air.

I might have to check it out. Ill make the partner watch it with me lol

It's one of those movies that you really have to get into. You can't go into it expecting scary music and lots of gore and special effects. I think it's more of an old-school horror film, so you have to use your imagination some. I loved it though :D

I thought it would have been better if other ppl didnt "build up the hype". Because I was expecting it to be this majorly amazing movie. But it deff had boo factors in it which I like. And I have watched it again. It was good, just not what I expected. I still cant watch the very end where he gets thrown at the camera and she puts her face up to it. After she calls him down the stairs, I count it as officially over! lol

^ Yeah lol people hyped it up to be the scariest movie they ever saw etc... but it wasn't... and I'm not into 'modern' Hollywood horror.. I like to be scared though! Then again, I know that I am not being followed around by a demon.. I was terrified of Poltergeist when I was a kid... and now that OH & I are looking at buying a new build house in the suburbs I am super scared it'll be built over an old cemetary.. LOL.

I love love love my horrors, but nothing has managed to scare me for quite a while.

Whilst I was watching paranormal activity I was guessing what happened next.

I agree that there was far too much hype for it, damn media building my hopes up!!

xXx

i find that its been getting very mixed reports, usually one extreme or the other!! i gotta say though i was seriously freaked out by it!!! and im a serious horror junkie! especially the bit when she was dragged down the hall! *shudder*

I have to agree, that part is the main reason I was afraid to go to bed that night, and almost every night for a week! I even looked it up to make sure it was fake, and still had a rough time sleeping. My fiance and our roommate also told me that they were going to drag me down the halls while I'm sleeping... :( I'm so scared. Not to mention I had watched The Fourth Kind right after seeing Paranormal Activity, so I had a mix of the two swirling around my mind before going to sleep each night. So scary! :(

I have to agree, that part is the main reason I was afraid to go to bed that night, and almost every night for a week! I even looked it up to make sure it was fake, and still had a rough time sleeping. My fiance and our roommate also told me that they were going to drag me down the halls while I'm sleeping... :( I'm so scared. Not to mention I had watched The Fourth Kind right after seeing Paranormal Activity, so I had a mix of the two swirling around my mind before going to sleep each night. So scary! :(

Sounds like an awesome night to me, though I only like watching scary movies with OH... I can't watch them alone, and if I watch them with girlfriends at a sleepover or something, they try to scare each other all night! It doesn't help that one of them can make herself look just like the girl from the Grudge and make that weird noise and all... Still, I can't help but enjoy a good horror film :)

I thought it was a brilliant film.. Made very well but I didnt like the fact they lied and tried to make it real.

We was never gonna believe that it was true. Well I werent anyway! But all in all I loved the film
I was on the edge of my seat and could just imagine what happened next and i got a bit scared lol.. Really jumpy x

I was bored!
Didn't know where to look.. found myself staring at the door, when the "demon" would do something to the bed, and vice versa.. stared at the clock a lot too!
Really disappointed me! That's for sure!

i havent seen it my sister has and she said it made her cry she was so scared so i am not gonna watch it lol

I was bored!
Didn't know where to look.. found myself staring at the door, when the "demon" would do something to the bed, and vice versa.. stared at the clock a lot too!
Really disappointed me! That's for sure!

My thoughts too! I was staring at the open doorway the whole movie and nothing even happened (apart from the
footprints (more like chicken feet :rofl:)
part)...didn't scare me, I had really high hopes but people had built it up to standards it just didn't meet for me. Only part that gave me chills was when Katie was
pulled out of the bed and down the hall..

IMO a great scary/creepy movie is The Descent, anybody else seen it? I think it's great :thumbup: Latest movie to come out to actually scare me. I think the Exorcist is highly up there, though I know others find it laughable. There's just something eerie about it that gives me the creeps.

I watched it on Sat and I was sooo scared! and I thought it was real until I looked it up on the net :dohh: wish I knew that I would have had a better night sleep LOL!

:rofl::rofl:

I did this too!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back