Parents evening

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
We had DS1 parents evening tonight, and 1 of his targets is to distinguish between letters. Are there any books you recommend I could read to him and get him to do the sounds [he's currently learning phonics] or any other ways to help him? :thumbup:

Is he doing Read Write Inc or Jollyphonics?

The Biff, Chip and Kipper books are good but the RWI sound cards are great too and you can make your own words using them.

Do you get weekly exercises of 3 letter words using the sounds they've learned that week e.g. mat?

Thanks for replying MrsVenn!

I'm not too sure to be honest, will have to remember to ask his teacher later.

His homework is normally 3 different letters with the actions to make the letter phonic which he's great at remembering as they make it fun! He then has to trace over the smaller letters, then do them free hand and there are about 6 words with the letter sound we go through then. Hope I've made sense lol!

https://www.letters-and-sounds.com/phase-3-games.html this site has games all based around phonics. You could also try Julia Donaldson songbird books https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/web...ngId=100&searchTerm=songbirds+Julia+donaldson the books are based on phonics

Thanks for replying MrsVenn!

I'm not too sure to be honest, will have to remember to ask his teacher later.

His homework is normally 3 different letters with the actions to make the letter phonic which he's great at remembering as they make it fun! He then has to trace over the smaller letters, then do them free hand and there are about 6 words with the letter sound we go through then. Hope I've made sense lol!

Sounds to me like the sound button cards from RWI.

Have a look on Amazon and search on Read Write Ink, there's a reading scheme they follow with Freddie the Frog and it's done in chunks for different stages.

Thank you! :hugs: will check them out

My son learned through some foam letters I got in tesco for the bath x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"