• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Part of my internal stiches is poking out

christin8806

Reaction score
I had my C section 3 week & 3 days ago. My right side of the incision had became red & puffy 5 days ago (only a centimeter long). OB said to do hot compressions 3x a day, he wasn't concerned.

Nothing had changed with the incision the past five days. Still red & puffy for that 1 centimeter length of the right edge.

Well I was taking a shower just now & noticed something white at my incision. Got out & dried off & it is a stitch. I had internal stitches with glue on the outside.

I did not pull it out, but cut off right up to wear it touches my skin. What does this mean? The OB didn't mention this at all!

Thanks for your time!

I had my C section 3 week & 3 days ago. My right side of the incision had became red & puffy 5 days ago (only a centimeter long). OB said to do hot compressions 3x a day, he wasn't concerned.

Nothing had changed with the incision the past five days. Still red & puffy for that 1 centimeter length of the right edge.

Well I was taking a shower just now & noticed something white at my incision. Got out & dried off & it is a stitch. I had internal stitches with glue on the outside.

I did not pull it out, but cut off right up to wear it touches my skin. What does this mean? The OB didn't mention this at all!

Thanks for your time!

sorry I can't be much help on the subject but I didn't want to read and run...you should definitely call your OB and let him know what u are experiencing...I hope it's nothing serious and you heal well...take care and good luck

Hi there, it's probably part of the knot where they tie off the end of the internal stitch. If it's not bothering you, I'd leave it alone, but if it's still red and puffy I'd mention it to the Doc again.

Thanks for your time!

I had this also, had my section nearly 6 weeks ago, i had on the left side, a knot and loose bit of stitches sticking out (meant to be internal) the midwife cut the bit sticking out right up to the knot and it hasn't bothered me since, although I can still see/feel the knot sticking out but was told to just leave it alone.
Hope this helps :)

I had this exact same thing! It was almost like fishing line sticking out.... I just pulled mine out. I don't know if that was the right thing, but nothing happened so I'm guessing it was ok. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->