Partner Over 40 Too?

Dans Mummy

Reaction score
My partner Chris is 56 and im 44 and i was just wondering how old our partners are really. The only older man ive heard of who's fathered children later on in life has been John Hurt...that was on the radio!

Does a mans age matter as much as a womans?...just wondering. And how old is your babies father to be?

46, and I'm almost 40. I just spoke with someone (89 years old) whose dad was 60 when he was born. This gentleman has an amazing life story, and I'm thankful his dad didn't think he was too old to have one more!

Men is general have a longer reproductive life than women but of course quality does not always hold up. I have my guy on sups - as a precaution.
I noticed alot of women that have success in their 40's have partners in their 30's. It does not mean we cannot get preg but it does boost the odds if it is a younger guy with at least a normal sperm count.

My ex had an uncle who was born when his grandfather was 72 :huh: ie his uncle was only a few years older than him!

Having said that his uncle reckoned he had a pretty shitty childhod as a result of an elderly father, because he always had to keep the noise down and his dad couldn't play football or anything with him like the other kids. But their family is long lived, so he didn't actually lose his dad until he was in his early twenties.

There's not a lot of research into male fertility/aging but it does seem that the decline is not nearly as marked as it is for women.

My future baby daddy will be 40 next year.

well....I was 43 when we conceived (and am 28wks+) and my husband is 42; in our pre-IVF semen test, his was shown to be okay; I think because we both got ourselves very healthy prior to attempted IVF, our ages didn't matter as much as 'the typical statistics' show (I got pregnant naturally). So, I don't think a father-to-be in 40s and 50s is a huge issue, as long as he is as healthy as they can be....

best wishes

We conceived all our kids whilst dh was in his 40s and 50s - he's 51 and I'm 38 now. Never had a problem with conception or health of the babies so far. We have had a miscarriage and a chemical this year, tho think that might just be one of those things but of course our respective ages might have contributed to it. Just conceived baby# 5 first month trying, and keeping fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Men do have a slight age-related decline in fertility, but in my experience it isn't as significant as a womans, and probably varies between men x

I was 36 and hubs was 44 when we conceived our LO xx

I meant to add that my ex's mum and the rest of her siblings were conceived when the dad was in his 50s and 60s. The dad had actually fought in WWI not WWII!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->