Partners and TTC? Their thoughts?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Just wondering how your partners feel about TTC? Excited as you? More stressed?

My DH seems relaxed about the whole thing. He doesn't think it'll happen straight away as we've never had a scare in over 7 years of BC. So he doesn't see the point in changing anything until we've been trying awhile.

Kinda frustrating but I think others partners can be like this too?

My DH wants kids, but hates when I start to get obsessive about it. He won't BD on demand, he just says whenever the time is right it will happen so this cycle is going to be my first making him BD a lot during my fertile window. He's very supportive and just wants me to relax about the whole thing.

Hubby is pretty much in the "whatever you wanna do" line. If unwanted to TTC right now he'd be fine, if I wanted to wait five years he wouldn't care. Its nice that he pretty much gives me the reins but also makes me worry he may not be as excited as I am...

Mine is quite naive about it. Thinks every time we bd it cud result in baby, he doesnt understand fertile windows etc. He is also quite a positive person so it never crosses his mind that there may be issues despite the fact that me having endo not only puts barriers up to dtd but can also cause lots of problems with conceiving etc but I guess his positivity is good.

I don't think men will ever think of it in the same way x

I'm also with cookette that I pretty much jave the reins. I picked when we started etc and.if I wanted to wait he would be fine with it

Mine is quite naive about it. Thinks every time we bd it cud result in baby, he doesnt understand fertile windows etc. He is also quite a positive person so it never crosses his mind that there may be issues despite the fact that me having endo not only puts barriers up to dtd but can also cause lots of problems with conceiving etc but I guess his positivity is good.

I don't think men will ever think of it in the same way x

Oh goodness tell me about the whole trying to explain the fertile window and ovulation to my DH. He thinks it's something I made up, lol.

With my OH, it took almost a whole year of coaxing him to get on the baby making train.. He wanted to wait till he was 30 and I didn't.

However, when I started talking to him about my feelings - re: that it's my body that has to go through the changes (and the older I am, the harder it will be on my body), and that the longer we leave it, the less fertile we get), he really started to come round.

He wanted to be casual about it intially, but after 3 unsuccessful cycles, and seeing how upset it was making me, he is willing to do whatever now - so I suppose you could say I have the reins now too.

I don't think he wants them with the same enthusiam that I do, but I also think it's a very male attitude to be like that (generalising, I know). My OH is SO affectionate with our dog, and loves just sitting down in the evening having a cuddle, so I know once a baby comes along, and he can see them, and hold them, he will absolutely love it! I just don't think it's reality for them until the baby is actually here.

mine is very excited. He has two boys and I have two boys. He said he always wanted to be a father again and can't wait to talk to my belly. LOL

My first husband couldn't care less.

I do think its very different if thy already have kids, they obviously love being a dad and want it all again so cant wait

My DH is very laid back, he doesn't like that I get stressed about it but he's really supportive. He has the frame of mind that if it's meant to happen it will. I hope he's right! :)

My husband is very excited. However, I do have to be careful about how much I talk about baby stuff, he gets overwhelmed. He keeps reminding me that if I think about it too much it will stress me out. I am excited that we are both on the same page-- we're stoked! :-D

My husband is the one who wanted to start trying (two years ago now). I obviously really wanted to but didn't want to ever push him.
We have had multiple losses and he has been really affected by them.

Now, whenever I test, he stands and waits with me... He wants it 100% as much as I do. I know he's anxious each time because he will fiddle and bite his nails. Since his best friend had a baby, and more and more friends have had babies, it is starting to hit harder to home.
I feel like I'm failing him :( he doesn't blame me but I blame myself.

He often secretly buys baby things and I have had to ask him to stop.
It's amazing that he is so on board and he will make an amazing dad but I can't handle seeing baby things at home. Each loss makes it harder.

Mine took a little while to come around. But he's excited now! We dtd every second day and every day on my fertile days, it's tough but we've been trying for a while and he knows how much it means to me, so he's happy to fully support me! He also doesn't like when I obsess over it though! Can't wait till I can show him that BFP!! :D

Hey Tink, I'm a queenslander too :) not many of us on here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->