Party disaster :(

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
We decided to do a small party for Xander and only invited 8 kids from his class to go bowling. The party is next saturday and I only have 2 kids coming :( The other 6 haven't replied either way. What do I do? Xander will be heartbroken if I have to cancel it (you need a minimum of 6 kids), plus we'll lose the deposit we've paid as well. I was thinking of sending reminders into school on monday but don't want to be too pushy! Hoping people have just forgotten to reply :cry:

Aww..I would call them, that is what I used to do. It is so rude to not reply.. I am so sorry, hope they all come. If you don't have their numbers, do you see the parents from school when you take your son? If not then yes I would send in reminders..
XO

This is one of the reasons I have not had a formal party for my dd. just scares me too much as making friends is not her strong point. If I were you id just try reminders as you need to know numbers just be nice about it. there is no other way of finding out :*( If it does turn out there won't be enough people then maybe try do something else for him that will be on a par with party in his eyes

I'm sure they'll be coming, but if not Id just have it for the 3 even if you still have to pay for 6. A smaller party at his age let's him have a better play and get closer to the others that do attend. A cake and throwing some bowling balls will be great! They could even have double turns each unless the adults want to join in the game!

alibaba I invited the whole class last year to make sure that at least some people showed up! Hoping this small party idea isn't a mistake :wacko: Got 3 kids coming now, so feeling a bit more positive that there'll be enough of them after I do reminders.

I'd definitely be pushing people for an answer. It is rude to not even reply, how would they feel if it was their kids.

I would find a way of contacting the parents, it's so rude, then even if there are only 3 you'll probably just have to pay for 3 more kids even if they don't show, still have a little party even with just 3 they'll still have a blast- they can have 2 goes each! That'll probably be cheaper than losing your deposit?

I'd chase up the parents. Say that you need to know as you need to confirm the booking with the place.
People can be so rude about not replying.

I'm sure he'll have a great time no matter how many go to the party.

I would also try and chase for them to reply if you can. People don't think a lot of the time and it's crappy. Some might ve misplaced the invite with your number on x

Well I sent reminders in yesterday and have one more coming. Still haven't heard anything from 3 people though, surely it's not that hard to send a text! Anyway, we've got enough kids that Xander will have a good time and that's the main thing :)

I had lots of kids turn up to Lucas's birthday that didn't respond (although I was expecting it because it's just the way it seems to go at his school). I invited 30, got about four responses and about 20 kids showed up.
If it's only a few you're waiting on I'd try and catch them at pick up/drop off and just casually mention it. Party planning stresses me out so I feel for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->