Party Girls~

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
A group for "party ladies"... people who have their own "small business" working with companies such as Avon, TupperWare, Mary Kay, Ann Summers, Arbonne, Pampered Chef, etc.

Please share your success stories, tips, rave about your favourite products (or rant about awful ones), talk about your experiences with various companies & if you don't mind, help to answer any questions people looking to get into it may have :)

Ooh introduce yourself too incl. what company you work for :)

Btw I'm Tasha, I am 22 years old living in Canada (Ontario).

I have a 3 year old daughter & my OH is 23. We are somewhat WTT at the moment, by that I mean we both WANT more children (or at least 1 more child) but we're not sure if/when it will be.

I currently work FT as a McDonald's manager. I attended college for accounting but only finished half of the program, and then I graduated medical office administration in August w/ honours.

I am also now an Arbonne Independent Consultant & I have my first party this Thursday night! OH's mom is a consultant & his cousin is an area manager in the same company. I NEVER thought I'd do this, and I don't really like these kind of parties (except Tupperware.. I am a Tupperware NUT!).. but I went to one, tried the products- was surprised/shocked by how great my skin felt & happy to learn that it is a vegan-friendly company, botanically based & Swiss-formulated products.. so I decided to sign up, not necessarily to make a killing at it, but to earn what I can on the side, to get a discount & to spread the word!

:wave: Tasha

I work for a company called Partylite, which is based in the USA but is actually an International company now. I have been an Independent Consultant for them for just over a year and have done probably about 15-20 home parties, shows in a pub, craft shows, scout fayres, you name it!

I am a little bit addicted to the products Partylite sell :blush: and don'treally make any money because I spend it all back on the products but I do give them for Birthday\Christmas presents so I suppose that helps a bit.

I just love the social aspect of it. Plus it gives me confidence too I think :)

I'm so nervous for my party Thursday! Afraid people will cancel, not buy anything, etc. Elyse & I are baking goodies for it tomorrow... some cookies, rice krispie squares etc.

The best bet is to tell people that there's no pressure to buy anything, as long as they enjoy themselves then you're happy. If people feel you are forcing them then they won't enjoy it and if they like you they'll possibly spend more.

I play games at the beginning of my parties, give out a few prizes and then have little gifts for everyone that doesn't win so no-one is left out. People are always surprised to get something without buying it!

:) I don't mind if people don't buy, but I will feel bad for wasting OH's cousin's time (she's gonna come help me out) if there aren't any sales. I am for sure buying something at least?? haha. Doesn't really count though!

We usually do a trivia kind of game and whoever gets the most right answers gets a prize & then a draw at the end for a free prize.

Okay so I've been trying to mop floors etc to get ready for today.. and my 3 year old is having none of it, she is taking everything I've hidden away back out and it's just a disaster thus far... got 2 hours to go..

Hi ladies!!! I'm Chandra and im a Thirty-One consultant. We sell adorable purses, totes, organizational items etc. Most of them cam be personalized with phrases, names or initials. The stuff is really cute!
I wanted to share a game I played at my last party and it was a huge hit!! I gave the winner a prize of a bottle of lotion. You just read this poem and tell them to keep track of how many points they have.
"I wonder who came here from afar, Give yourself 5 if you came by car. Were you on time? Not one minute late? Punctuality pays so give yourself 8. A watch is 6 and each ring is 2 10 more points if your eyes are not blue. Score yourself 5 if you show any pink, But take away 10 if you left dishes in the sink. Count all of your buttons...each gives you 1 Except if they are white and then you get none. For each bow that you have add on 2 ( But safety pins are taboo, so for each one you're wearing you must subtract 2. 1 point for each year that you have been wed, But take away 5 if you have on red. Now sons are neat, on that we agree So for each one you have you now may add 3. But when adding up points, girls are worth more So for each one that you have go ahead and add 4. If you kissed your husband or boyfriend today,add 12 but into your personal life we must delve... If you kissed them both you must subtract 20 Because you're in trouble and trouble aplenty! Now that's all there is, so total your score. Except if you're a special friend, there's one more. It's 50 points bonus for a V.I.P. If you book a Thirty-One party with me!

Also another idea my director suggested was making up a little goody bag with small items from your company (we have nail files for $1.50) and maybe some little mini bottles of lotion, etc. Put some of your catalogs and business cards in there and drop it off to your local hospital on christmas for the staff that has to work on the holiday. I thought it was a great idea. She suggested taking several bags and giving one to each nurses station. My local hospital is HUGE though so I'm just going to take a bag into the emergency room. And I'm going to put candy in there for the men :)

Love that poem!! Totally want to use it sometime!

I use that poem too! Found it online a few months back - good fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->