Party invitations

Jchihuahua

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
I feel a bit sad for Daisy. It is the first time she has really felt rejection I guess. All of her friends got an invitation to another child's party at school today and she didn't get one. She just couldn't understand why not. 'But why didn't he choose me too mummy?' 'I play nicely with him, I thought he liked me but he mustn't like me.' etc etc. She is a deep thinker and very sensitive and it has really got to her and she keeps talking about it. I explained that people can't have everybody to their party as there might not be enough space or they might be limited to 10 people etc but she has really felt such a sense of rejection. It is a learning curve but obviously a hard one for her!

Aww :(:( this always makes me sad. I always I invited the whole class as don't think my mum could do that but that did mean we never got soft play parties etc just a big garden party. I think I'll struggle with this too, everyone or a small family party.

Aw it's sad when that happens, I hope she's ok. You've done the right thing explaining to her. Xx

Poor Daisy :hugs:

I honestly think if they're not going to invite all children in class, the invitations shouldn't be given out in front of the other children.

It's happened to me and my friend at school already, Charlie got invited to one party and her lo never, then vice versa! I think it's going to happen a lot at school unfortunately, kids are pretty fickle about their friends at this age I've noticed! At least you gave Daisy a proper explanation, hope she'll be ok :hugs:

I honestly think if they're not going to invite all children in class, the invitations shouldn't be given out in front of the other children.

I agree with this completely it's pretty cruel.

I agree with this completely it's pretty cruel.

I don't think they normally do. When Tom had his party we could only invite 20 out of his class of 30 and the teaching assistant put the invites into the book bags. But I'm sure the kids talked about being invited and then some would work out they hadn't been invited especially ones who were friends. But we couldn't invite all of them as it was a shared party with a friend out of school.

I think you did the right thing explaining that sometimes there's not enough space for all of the friends but it might be her turn next time.

It's hard for them but I think you explained it the right way.
The worst thing for me was seeing Daniel not invited to any parties for 2 school years. He wasn't in the right clique! Then what annoyed me was when he's come home really excited because x had invited him to their party but an invite never materialised. I can ibky assume that the child said he could go but the parent vetoed it!!

At Daniel and Esthera school the teacher or TA puts the invite in the child's bag but obviously the children talk about it. Because if the harsh couple of years my son had he's not bothered when others are talking about it and he's not invited.

i dont tell LO if she has had a party invite or not to stop this...
its the only way i could think of to get around it.. xx

I hope daisy is okay!

It's happened to Jake before, all he had to say was 'Katie isn't coming to my party then' but I can I see it being hard for some kids. Lucas is a sensitive child and I think he'll find it harder than Jake.

Edited to add that wasn't the child's actual name lol.

It's so hard isn't it. Poor Daisy! The teachers in my daughter's year are sensitive also but children talk. Rebecca has been invited to some parties and not others. It doesn't seem to bother her too much yet but I'm sure it will at some point. I think you've handled it well by explaining.

Sadly it's not always possible to invite everyone. There are approx 60 chn in my daughters year and they work across classes. Paying for 60 chn is beyond our budget and there's no way our house / garden could accommodate them. Not to mention the fact that I shudder at the idea of 60 party-fuelled 5 year olds in my house (and that's coming from a teacher!!) It gives a whole new meaning to Party Politics!!

It's a total rookie mistake. I've been outside nursery many times where the staff and parents have been discussing an upcoming party, and i'm standing there well aware that it's a party my daughter hasn't been invited to - you definitely don't give out invitations in front of other children!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->