past c-section, scar tissue, pg again..worried

weebun

Reaction score
I was ttc between Oct 2009 - and December 2010 ttc number 2, Amy was born in August, I also have a son aged 8 from a prev relationship. I am not the most regular of people and with each of my children ttc was a matter of waiting and trying for many months.

When I had Amy, I had a second emergency c-section after induction, the c-section ran into complications due to the scar tissue in there from previous ops, while cutting through the scar tissue they nicked my bladder which then had to be stitched up, I was on a catheter for 10 days, all was well, I made a good recovery.

The consultant at the time stated I should give serious consideration before having more children due to the fact I had severe scar tissue and they did cut lots away, but she said the longer I leave it the scar tissue will get worse again and I am already fully aware of what type of complications they can run into. she did say If I was to have any more I would recieve the best care and monitoring she can give. But I know that if it was her choice she would and did say no more, but it wasn't that i couldn't have any more, just consider the risks.

I have been on the pill ever since having Amy, the other month I started getting really low moods and headaches the moods were really bad I had never felt so down before. On my 7 day break in March I decided to give it a month off the pill and see if it made a difference and I was right I felt great, within a couple of weeks and still do. was all set to go back to GP and get a coil. I had no period arrive this month and thought it was just me back into my irregular long cycles and not ovulating... then I started to feel sickly at night and more tired, even had a small bout of heartburn. something just make me think.

I did a test and I am PG with number 3, shocked to say the least, as I have got caught straight away, so so shocked, but we have got our heads around it and we are happy

I am about 6 weeks, I have sorted out my referral to midwife as I do want to make sure everything is ok and speak to the consultant asap, firstly because its only a short time since stopping the pill.

Just wondered has anyone else had scar tissue and had more than 2 c-sections in the past and how was your care and how did the c-section go, I do know that I will be having a planned c-section this time so there is no distressed baby and the op will be in a more calmer controlled environment. I have also come across other forums where mothers have been in similar situations. I am thinking all sorts of horror stories and I feel scared slightly, I just want to enjoy this pregnancy, as it will be the last.
thanks x
love Kerry x

Hi hun, cant really help cos im just about to have my 2nd c sec next month but after my first I was rushed back into hospital as they had popped my appendix in section and hadnt realised and sent me home causing peritonitis. I now have a huge scar running up the centre of my tummy. I will have another c section this time under general anaesthetic with consultant and paediatric teams present incase of any struggles due the mass of scar tissue I have. I have been advised that sterilisation is the safest option for me now so will be sterilised during this csec. My scars have been really sore as the scar tissue has torn throughout this pregnancy so im glad that i have decided that this will be my last baby, im lucky to have my 2 babies! I hope all goes well for you hun and like you said, they will monitor you closely and ensure you are in safe hands! x

Thanks for reply x :) my consultant also said there would be a team on standby should anything occur. I am a bit more relaxed about it now and know I will be in safe hands, it is all such a shock being PG still, but I have wrote direct to my consultant informing her I am pg again and awaiting first midwife apt, just to make her aware in the hopes it speeds up an apt with her etc...
glad you are ok after you 1st c -section OMG you are so lucky. never realised till I had Amy how awkward and problematic scar tissue can be...... I just keep telling myself surely I couldn't run into problems a second time!!!!
good luck with your c-section hun x keep in touch and let me know how you get on x

will do hun and hope you get your appointment soon :) congrats on the pregnancy. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->