Pathology report

kiki04

A girl can dream....
Reaction score
Soooo I lost Hadlee in May. I have never received a pathology report and so I had an apt with my dr on Nov 18. She asked if I had gotten one and said no... she said the office never got one either. So I just called the hospital I delivered at and asked WTF?! They sent it to some other dr who I have never heard of :wacko: So I corrected it and they will be faxing it over to my dr and they will send me a copy once received. Is it weird that I am so very looking forward to receiving this to FINALLY give me an answer as to why Hadlee died? I am afraid of what I might read, yet at the same time anxious to finally have a reason. So I am guessing by next week I should have my copy of the report and can let go of constantly wondering what went wrong. :flower:

Soooo I lost Hadlee in May. I have never received a pathology report and so I had an apt with my dr on Nov 18. She asked if I had gotten one and said no... she said the office never got one either. So I just called the hospital I delivered at and asked WTF?! They sent it to some other dr who I have never heard of :wacko: So I corrected it and they will be faxing it over to my dr and they will send me a copy once received. Is it weird that I am so very looking forward to receiving this to FINALLY give me an answer as to why Hadlee died? I am afraid of what I might read, yet at the same time anxious to finally have a reason. So I am guessing by next week I should have my copy of the report and can let go of constantly wondering what went wrong. :flower:

Hi ,
We have also requested Pathology report after my D and E but were very disappointed. It didnt give us any kind of new information , just the same old
news that we heard for the last 6 weeks (from the time of my daughters original diagnosis) . It really depends on the hospital , but please dont expect too much , I would not want you to feel disappointed . I have a feeling that they just copy the info over, but like I said earlier it depends on the hospital. A lot of us here , dont know the reason why our children became angels. Just prepare yourself for that possibility!

Big HUgs , I know how frustrating it can get

Nat

I think answers is a HUGE step towards healing and accepting (if there is a such thing) ... I know once I found out all mine and Emma's results, it truely felt like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders... Felt relieved...Even tho all mine was perfect but I still had answers.... Big Hugs to you Hon' ... :hugs:

Wow, that is such a long time to have waited! It must have been agonising. I really hope they can give you at least some answers and help you find some peace. Although they found nothing abnormal with my test results, and no clear idea of what went wrong or why, I felt an enormous sense of relief after the appointment. I think it just hangs over you. The fear of what it might have been is much worse than actually knowing it, even if there aren't any clear cut answers. It helped me make a big step forward in my healing.

Hope it helps you :hugs:

Hi ,
We have also requested Pathology report after my D and E but were very disappointed. It didnt give us any kind of new information , just the same old
news that we heard for the last 6 weeks (from the time of my daughters original diagnosis) . It really depends on the hospital , but please dont expect too much , I would not want you to feel as disappointed as we were.

Big HUgs , I know how frustrating it can get

Nat

Honestly... I wasn't given ANY information. All I was told is the baby has no HB... we will take the baby out on "this" day so be at the hospital for "this" time. Then I was sent on my way. :shrug: All I know is her heart stopped. So any information will be more then what I have so far :dohh:

Wow, that is such a long time to have waited! It must have been agonising. I really hope they can give you at least some answers and help you find some peace. Although they found nothing abnormal with my test results, and no clear idea of what went wrong or why, I felt an enormous sense of relief after the appointment. I think it just hangs over you. The fear of what it might have been is much worse than actually knowing it, even if there aren't any clear cut answers. It helped me make a big step forward in my healing.

Hope it helps you :hugs:

Totally agree and echo this xxxx

I waited 6 weeks :cry::cry::cry::cry: and I called all 6 times. Then she finally says ok we got it and Ava had Turner Syndrome then she says wait is this Andrea :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: I am like yes, she is like oh I am sorry that was someone else :nope::nope::nope: then she says Ava cells never grew so we don't know why she died :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I waited 6 weeks for this news????????????????? It was a knife through my heart :cry::cry::cry::cry: Today at my visit for the first time in 9 months have not been there since March 3rd, my doctor said he really thinks Ava had Trisomy 18, he is almost positive. He said it was a fluke and there is no reason not to start trying now, but I told him I wanted to wait a couple of months, I don't have time I am going g to be 42 in june:cry::cry:
He always does a vaginal sonogram at every visit , he said my ovaries are perfect my periods are regular I ovulate every month so he said wait till you need to then go for it. But hearing that i will never really know why Ava died haunts me and always will.. XOXOX:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

You ladies are lucky you even got a report. At my hospital they didn't look at the placenta because apparently I'd asked them not to (which was rubbish). I chose not to have tests done on my baby because he was so small and I didn't want them doing stuff to him. All my bloods came back clear and we never got a reason!

I hope you get some answers hon, or at least some way to draw a line under it, I think it really helps, even if it's just to know they don't know, it's one less thing to wonder about. No more thinking "I wonder what they found/if they found anything..." you know?

I never really got answers either, but I got possibilities and a good plan for any next time so it helped me feel better, even though I had to accept that there were no solid reasons.

I hope the results give you some closure on why you lost Hadlee. I cant believe they have made you wait so long!

Be thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"