Patience wearing thin with 21 month old. Anyone else?

immie

Reaction score
I'm finding it a lot harder to find patience to deal with my son, I find myself getting more frustrated than usual and sometimes I just feel like sitting down and giving up and letting him do what the hell he wants. I think he's entered terrible twos prematurely too which doesn't help:dohh:

I'm finding it a lot harder to find patience to deal with my son, I find myself getting more frustrated than usual and sometimes I just feel like sitting down and giving up and letting him do what the hell he wants. I think he's entered terrible twos prematurely too which doesn't help:dohh:

Hi :flower:
My daughter is nearly 11 months so I know she's in a different place to your son development wise (though she's walking and thinks she's a toddler lol) but I felt the same way over the last few days. I think it doesn't help when you are stressed about a second pregnancy - as I think we all are no matter how hard we try not to - not to mention the symptoms and tiredness! Be kind to yourself, you're only human. I'm sure this will pass as things get easier :flower:

I have a 21 month old too! It's so tough being pregnant with a toddler! I am 9 weeks tomorrow and the nausea is SO bad so it's been very difficult. Just try to take it day by day and take a lot of deep breaths!

Thank you, it's nice to hear from people in the same position as me and know I'm not the only one struggling. Your replies mean a lot and keep me sane!! :hugs:xxx

Hmm yeah i have a 20m old, normally we never have the tv on, but it's been on everyday. I'm just toooo tired to be bothered playing with him, how bad is that?!

I have a 17 month old and I've been really bad with the tv lately. I get frustrated so easily :(. I can't stand the tantrums atm

Hi

We've just started the proper tantrums prematurely :wacko: I had to carry her kicking and screaming along the high street the other day, its so hard being oregnant I could really feel it in my back. I just wont stand for it, I know its hard but if you give in once its going to make it that much harder, they are trying to push their bounderies and I feel I have to stay firm even when its really difficult.

Your doing great mum stay strong immie:hugs:

Ugh my ds is an angel 99% of the time but oh my goodness trying to get him dressed this morning. I could have cried and gone back to bed xx

I feel like this with my 4 year old and 1 year old! My DS knows how to press my buttons and he is now doing the if I say no he says 'well I don't love you anymore' or 'I will get the policeman to take you away' to begin with I just brushed it off but he goes on and on and on about it and I can feel myself getting angry about it!
And DD walks and talks and we call her Isabel the monkey. She doesn't like to get dressed any more (because it more fun to run away) she doesn't like us to feed her she likes to feed herself and likes to climb and touch everything she isn't supposed to. And she also thinks if she decides not to have her lunch time nap she can have one 2 hours before bed!! I know it's only little things but I have learnt to just walk away for a minute and calm down!xx

Did u step inside my brain and write this?? This is exactly how I feel although I've made him a silent promise to change after my non affectionate toddler who has an obsession with his hairbrush, Sat on my knee before, brushed my hair, took his dummy out and gave me a kiss without having to be prompted.

Terrible 2's are a killer though!

I'm there with you, ladies! Being pregnant with an active toddler is NO joke!! I've had days when he's tantruming so bad I just end up crying! And alll he wants to do is run around outside and play but I seriously have a hard time standing up on my feet sometimes without falling over...so yeah. Introduced some tv shows to my 23 month old recently just to spare myself.

I love the kid...but sometimes I just don't want to be around him lately and prefer to be by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->