Patiently & Excitedly awaiting Louie's 1st X-mas

erher

Reaction score
:xmas9:I've been looking forward to Christmas since my son was born. Holidays kinda lost their spark along the way for me. My son has ignited a new flame!! I'm so excited to fill his Christmas with the wonder i felt growing up. He will be 11 months at Christmas time. Still a little too young to grasp certain traditions. How was your fist Christmas with your little one? Please share ideas of how to make it a special day. What worked with your children?

You can start some traditions now. We've always has new pjs on Christmas eve, we have buffet food and they are allowed to open one present (I usually plan which ones are to be opened so it's something that will keep them entertained through the day) we have baths, then a warm drink and watch a Christmas film. It won't quite go as smoothly the first year or two but it's setting the tradition really.

Oh how exciting! This year will totally be more for your enjoyment, he wont really understand, so do whatever you wish to do in future years to set a theme for the future. Start family traditions that you wish to carry on and enjoy every moment of it, he will love all of the lights and sounds and pretty colours that Christmas brings. I hope you have a wonderful first Christmas together!

Awww welcome to the new type of Christmas magic.

My girls were only 3 months for their first Christmas. They had several Christmas outfits we wore throughout December (jumpers/tops) PJs. I got them personalised sacks from Studio we use every year. I also took them to see santa at a shopping centre.
Present wise get things he can use or get use out of once he starts toddling around. Mine loved a little giraffe trampoline from ELC.
We did go mad for DD1 present wise and obv she wasn't that interested and didn't play with much (they were younger though)
Oh, also Matalan and B+M do plastic Christmas plates/bowls etc he can have for his Christmas dinner etc
Have fun planning xx

My baby will be almost 11 months on Christmas too and I'm so excited for it. I'm not really sure how to make it special for her but I know for my other kids it will be special to share her first Christmas. They will love showing her the elf and helping her unwrap gifts and singing songs with her.

You can start some traditions now. We've always has new pjs on Christmas eve, we have buffet food and they are allowed to open one present (I usually plan which ones are to be opened so it's something that will keep them entertained through the day) we have baths, then a warm drink and watch a Christmas film. It won't quite go as smoothly the first year or two but it's setting the tradition really.
I absolutely love it! That sounds like such a great time! You've definitely given me some ideas!

Oh how exciting! This year will totally be more for your enjoyment, he wont really understand, so do whatever you wish to do in future years to set a theme for the future. Start family traditions that you wish to carry on and enjoy every moment of it, he will love all of the lights and sounds and pretty colours that Christmas brings. I hope you have a wonderful first Christmas together!
I completely agree. It's more for me at this point haha. I'm so excited to breathe new life into the holiday season with him by my side. Thank you so much!

Awww welcome to the new type of Christmas magic.

My girls were only 3 months for their first Christmas. They had several Christmas outfits we wore throughout December (jumpers/tops) PJs. I got them personalised sacks from Studio we use every year. I also took them to see santa at a shopping centre.
Present wise get things he can use or get use out of once he starts toddling around. Mine loved a little giraffe trampoline from ELC.
We did go mad for DD1 present wise and obv she wasn't that interested and didn't play with much (they were younger though)
Oh, also Matalan and B+M do plastic Christmas plates/bowls etc he can have for his Christmas dinner etc
Have fun planning xx
I bet the Christmas outfits were adorable! I'm honestly very excited to get matching pjs for the family. Ive been looking around already.
I had the same thoughts about my son not being interested in his gifts. I like the idea that you presented. Even if he doesn't care much about them immediately, at least they'll be enjoyed in the future.
Thank you! Happy holidays♡

My baby will be almost 11 months on Christmas too and I'm so excited for it. I'm not really sure how to make it special for her but I know for my other kids it will be special to share her first Christmas. They will love showing her the elf and helping her unwrap gifts and singing songs with her.
I was a teenager when my sister had her first Christmas. I remember being so excited to share it with her. I bet it will be very special for your other children. What a wonderful experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->