Paying for IVF private

S

sugarlove

Was just wondering how long you waited to start the process when paying for it? Can you start straight away or is there usually a waiting list?

Just looking into this in case DH SA doesn't improve in the new year. Where I live doesn't fund any cycles at all :-(

Hi sugarlove - I havent been privately but I a guessing that it will depend on the clinic the same as it does for NHS funded cycles.

Do you know what the clinics are near to you? When I found out our clinic choices I called them all and asked what the waiting time would be for the initial consultation and for starting a cycle. There was quite a difference so it is worth ringing some and reading up about where you would like to go.

Best of luck xx

for me it was only 3 days from ringing up to getting an appointment and i start on my next cycle, you will need your infection screening results first before they begin treatment, like fluffy said each clinic has there own waiting times but i reckon it should only be a matter of weeks because your not having to wait for the funding to be in place and they are a business after all, it has amazed me the treatment you get and how quickly when your paying x

It def depends on the clinic, ours has a waiting time of 6 weeks for the consents appt, & after that you can start on your next cycle. Compared to a 2 year waiting time on the NHS where we stay, 6 weeks is pretty amazing!

Hey Sugarlove

At our clinic you buy the drugs and bits and get started - then you start stimms and scans and they give you the invoice and you settle up the cost of the IVF before EC so that there is no stress or worry with the card not going through on the day! Then you are all done and poor :winkwink: We paid for ours on Sainsburys credit card... double nectar points... :rofl: Might not have got a baby but we did get a free holiday in Bruges on the Eurostar! :haha:

Hey Sugarlove

At our clinic you buy the drugs and bits and get started - then you start stimms and scans and they give you the invoice and you settle up the cost of the IVF before EC so that there is no stress or worry with the card not going through on the day! Then you are all done and poor :winkwink: We paid for ours on Sainsburys credit card... double nectar points... :rofl: Might not have got a baby but we did get a free holiday in Bruges on the Eurostar! :haha:

lol, I watched the film, In Bruges, the other day and I must say I wouldn't mind going there, looked lovely.

if you pay private at an nhs clinic you may still have to wait a bit.... Otherwise... You can start pretty much right away... Depending on where you are in your cycle at the time of your appointment! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->