Paypal / eBay witholding money for 21 days

AP

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this?

Ive bought a jacket and the seller wont ship it until the end of the month because the money is being held by Paypal until she ships the item :wacko:

Is she a new seller? New paypal account? they hold the money until shes shipped it and u've left feedback! She can't hold your item once u've paid for it, or your not exactly gonna leave her good feedback.. You need to tell her she has to send it now.. She will get the money once paypal release it..

I don't think she's new, I just think she's afraid tbh. And I don't want her to pull out, it's a rare item :haha:

Then again if she doesn't ever send it will I have a leg to stand on for a refund? Seeing as it'll have been so long?

My money gets held - but she should send it ASAP this isn't your problem it's actually protecting you as a buyer so make sure she sends before! eBay rules!

Thats what I realised!
I sent her PP link explaining how it works and she agreed to send it it. Heres hoping anyway :(

Hmm is that a new paypal thing then? As I sell all the time and my moneys never been held! Its pending in the paypal transaction so that means she'll definitely get it so she doesn't need to be afraid! You can put a claim in until 45days, but still, u shouldn't have to wait 21 days once u've paid!! x

I checked paypals website and they do sporadically choose accounts and do this. I sent the explanation link to the seller explaining they had the money now not me, and they release it upon dispatch and positive feedback

PayPal is a pain!

Its because new sellers arent trusted so paypal freeze money so if buyer complains then money is still there so instant refund.

Its really hard on seller as if buyer doesnt leave feedback money stays frozen for 3 weeks even if item was perfect

I had this happen when I bought something on here lol it was because I'd gifted it and I'd changed my address and updated my bank details but I emailed paypal in the end and someone emailed back and they'd released it because I explained everything lol

Add as well they were glad I emailed as it confirmed it was me using my paypal account

The seller agreed to post it/sort it out tomorrow.

I doubt this is the end of it, you know when you just get that feeling....

This happened to me once when I sold a dkny bag and purse for £79, I see that buyer had paid on eBay so got the address and posted it, then I see the money was held I
Had a heart attack and thought I was going to be robbed of a fair bit of money. But they finally cleared it and all was good, was apparently completely random
as I wasn't a new seller and had 100% positive feedback!

Such a pain in the ass!

They did this to me saying they were going to hold money for any items i sold but they emailed me again about 10 days later saying they were no longer going to hold money

Update : the jacket arrived and I'm over the moon :happydance: I left feedback ASAP for her but guess the matter is in her hands now. You learn something new every day!

I'm having the same problem! I've been selling since end of July but my account balance is £53 pending! I've sent all items, but only had feedback from 3!

I want my money!!! Xx

High hopes I did read somewhere you can force it by calling them?

Never knew they could hold it!

I'm so bad for giving feedback, going to get on ebay now and give everyone they're feedback. You've inspired me :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->