PCOS + Femara + Ovidrel

Emcee2012

Expecting baby # 2
Reaction score
hello guys...

I have PCOS and my doc prescribed me Femara 2.5 day 3 to 7 and then Ovidrel..

did any of you used that and it was successful? any side effects?

I am currently doing the same drug combination as you :thumbup:

My current femara dose is 5mg, but I'm hopefully having it dropped this next cycle as I constantly over respond to it, meaning that the last few cycles I have done I have not been able to trigger (because of the risk of multiples!)

I don't find that there are too many side effects...the femara I don't have any side effects, but the trigger I normally find that my boobs hurt a bit...I guess a bit like early pregnancy symptoms? After all, it's hcg!

I haven't had any success as of yet, but I have started to ovulate with the drugs, which was a big thing for me...so now I just need to figure out how to catch it!

Hope you find it helpful!

Thanks for replying...I cant start anything yet as I dont have my period..After my miscarriage, i was told i would have my period withing two weeks and nothing happened...
so with Femara, there is a risk of multiples? or its with Ovidrel? (and its HCG ..really??? :o)

there's a risk of multiples with all fertility drugs...usually moreso with clomid, less so with femara. Clomid works by producing more eggs of lower quality, whereas (usually) femara works by producing fewer of a high quality. But obviously it's all dependent on how your body reacts to the drugs!

Yeah, ovidrel is hcg...which means you need to be pretty careful about testing in your twwm because you are likely to get a positive if you test early. I still had it in my system up until 12dpo if I remember last time...so it can be quite upsetting if you take that as your bfp when it's not :(

sorry to hear of your miscarriage :hugs: have you thought about going back to your doctor to tell them that you still haven't had anything? It might be worth it...they might be able to give you provera, to give your body a kickstart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->