PCOS, Hypothyroid, overweight, and 36

Patti Cakes

Reaction score
Sounds pretty hopeless!! Anyway, I posted in the intro forum, but I will reintroduce myself here. I am all of the things I mentioned in my title! lol My husband and I are ttc our second child. We have one wonderful 5 year old that I conceived on 50mg Clomid, metformin, and hcg shot with my wonderful German OBGYN. This time around with a new OBGYN (Back in the states) He kind of tossed some metformin and clomid at me, did on blood test and told me to chart my temps. After 4 cycles of that I have moved on to an RE and we just began Follistim injections and will be followed closely by him. We were hoping to become pregnant before my dh deploys in April, but I am not sure it's gonna happen. He will be gone for 6 months and I just feel like I am racing my biological clock.

Anyway, I am working out every day, eating well in hopes to drop some of the weight. So far I have lost 6 pounds. So that's it in a nutshell. :) Would love to meet and hear stories from women with similar conditions as mine.

Hi there, I'm 38, have an underactive thyroid, too much prolactin and haven't had a period since last April. I'm also overweight and to be honest I don't eat healthy at all. Just don't eat enough or exercise. I joined the gym but haven't been using it. I suffer from OCD and am on meds for that and I'm being weened off at the moment. I feel like I will never be able to even to start trying but I'm trying to get my life in order at the moment. Just feel really tired all the time. Congratulations on losing 6 pounds. :D

Hi!
Well oddly enough I am OCD and anxiety prone myself. I weaned off of meds a few months back and now I am trying to keep my worrying in check without the meds. I know it's so hard to diet and exercise. I get kind of down when I have to diet. I have made a lot of simple changes to our diet as a family since I had my daughter, like whole wheat breads, lower fat things etc. Exercise...meh... Dislike. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the congrats. :)

Just popping in to give you some hope. We were told I would never be able to conceive. I never got my period. I have pcos, type II diabetes, hypothyroid and am overweight. 8 years later while on vacation we conceived our son Jackson. Sadly he passed away from an accident but he was beautiful and on target.

Once we started healing, we decided to try through fertility drugs. After several rounds of Clomid and only three of injectables, we are pregnant again and due in October.

Keep the faith ladies. I kept trusting in God and He provided. It was in the 11th hour as this cycle was the last. They were giving up on us. We started our adoption website thinking we were adopting (we'll still do so in the future) and not only did we find out we were pregnant, but we found out on our 10 year anniversary Feb. 9th.

So your on your way darlins. Keep a positive attitude. :thumbup

Thank you for your encouragement. Honestly I think I was a little delusional and believed because I was able to get pregnant with my daughter so quickly on clomid/met before it would be just as easy this time around. Not so, and its frustrating to say the least. I just feel so old now. lol

I'm keeping the faith and hoping for another child, but dh and I have actually discussed adoption in brief as well. Congratulations on your :bfp and I hope everything is smooth sailing for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->